mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #51 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteboy2242 View Post
Where is the best place to fet the full rebuild kit for my stock 68 automag?

Also i was looking on ansgear.com and they have like to different types of bolts for automags. There is a moamie bolt and nom foamie bolt. What is the difference?

And finally how do i know if i am going to need powertube spacers, and what is the point of power tube spacers?
Here you go: https://www.airgundesigns.com/product-p/000303.htm

As for the bolts, I wouldn't bother. Unless you upgrade to a level 10 bolt kit, you won't really see much of a difference.

You probably won't need spacers either. They're meant to fix problems with bolt stick, not improve performance.

Honestly, before you sink a lot of money into "upgrades", I strongly recommend getting a good baseline for how the gun is working as it sits. Only once you have a feel for it should you think about tinkering with it. Automags, even bone stock, are fantastic guns. When designing the Automag, AGD didn't cheap out and use junk parts with the hopes that people would pay for "upgrades" to make it a work right. There's a reason why these things are still around. They were built to perform and built to last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithuna View Post
Damp balls are hard to handle
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #52 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Whiteboy2242... You may have answered this question, and I missed it, so I will ask... What country/region of US do you live in? I ask, because there are MCBers spread all over the place, and many of us have the skills, knowledge and parts to help you out, but we need to know approximately where you are.

Full rebuild kit from TunaMan/TunaMart WEB-INF\web.xml?

The foamie bolts are a little more gentle on paint, but the foamies have a tendency to blow off, eventually. Then the ball can roll back into the space where the foamie was, and cause paint breaking issues.

Power tube spacer determine where the power tube oring sits in relation to the internal pin in the bolt. This determines when the gas will begin to fire the paintball, and if the valve will leak down the barrel. *IF* the valve is leaking down the barrel, use an object to press on the face of the bolt, pushing it toward the back of the valve. If the leak stops, start by replacing the power tube oring. After the oring has been replaced and oiled, if the problem persists, then you need a shorter power tube spacer.

If you are in the Washington DC/Baltimore MD area, I will help you, in person, with any issues with the 'Mag.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .680, .678 (on request), and .685 (As I no longer have access to the machine to make certain sizes, I will not be replacing any which go out of stock.)

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #53 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Im from iowa. Not alot of huge paintballers down here.

Bit thanks for the info. The guy said its been sitting for awhile and hasnt aired it up so im assuming i will need some orings and what not. When i get it in ill take a bunch of pictures of it and upload it.

And does anyone oit there have a spare docs adapter i could snag off them? Ive decided to go with it because then at least i can switch barrels and have a bigger eray of options to choose from.
Whiteboy2242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #54 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
With the Doc's adapter, you can also use Autococker threaded freak barrels.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .680, .678 (on request), and .685 (As I no longer have access to the machine to make certain sizes, I will not be replacing any which go out of stock.)

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #55 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Ya thats why ive decided to go with it. And am wondering if anyone has one that i could get off of them. They look better than just getting a regular twistlock
Old 04-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #56 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Ya thats why ive decided to go with it. And am wondering if anyone has one that i could get off of them. They look better than just getting a regular twistlock

Doc's adaptor ------> Doc's Shop | Automag Barrel Adapter | Online Store Powered by Storenvy
rachuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #57 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Comes in tomorrow! Went to my local shop and they had a foamie bolt and he had it forever since the beginning of agd so i got it off him for $4.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #58 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Comes in tomorrow! Went to my local shop and they had a foamie bolt and he had it forever since the beginning of agd so i got it off him for $4.
$4 is a darn good price. Nice grab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithuna View Post
Damp balls are hard to handle
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:49 AM   #59 (permalink)

if the bolt is nos you might want to take the foamie off and re-glue it so you don't shoot it off the first day.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #60 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Ya it already came off when i was looking at it so i told the shop guy and he reglued it for me

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs