mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

New automag owner, dont know where to start

I have never owned one before and i dont know what exaclty i need to do with it to make it the best without spending over $100. Like simple upgrades that will make it better. Its 68 automag that is all stock. Any infomation would be helpful thanks.

Last edited by Whiteboy2242; 04-14-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Whiteboy2242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I personally like the lvl10 bolt kit but that's going to use up about $80 of you budget right there.
Blue64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
Easiest upgrade in my opinion is buy a ule body. You get an easier to play with gun that uses common barrels. Lvl x kits are nice, but with a decent hopper it isn't as big of a deal as it used to be.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you are shooting enough to want a lvl 10, you should consider an RT on/off ($35+shipping), at some point (before or after). It cuts the trigger pull in half.

If you have a power feed, make sure you have the newer power feed plug ($5). It is cheap, but should be a priority.

Do you know how old your seals are? You might get a seal kit if you can't tell. The seals hold up for a long time, but Automags are old.

If you are ordering parts, look at the AGD rubber grips. They are very comfortable ($15).

some things are stickier than others

Last edited by Spider!; 04-14-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
When you say stock, just how bone stock is it? Got a pic? Based on that, we can better set you in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithuna View Post
Damp balls are hard to handle
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Pictures of my automag

https://ibb.co/dw3Xqk

https://ibb.co/c7kCqk
Old 04-14-2017, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
It looks like you're off to a good start. If your budget is about $100, I'd recommend selling the PMI grips and buying AGD rubber grips. The PMI grips are great and they hold their value. But they're designed for Sheridan frames. AGD grips will fit better. So, call the cost about even. I'd forego the level 10 kit and ULE body since those would eat up your budget by themselves. So, I'd go with a foregrip or vertical ASA & gas through grip to give you more stability. I'd also recommend an on/off bottomline ASA. If you don't have a nice barrel for it, you'll want one. If you have good Cocker barrels and you'd rather use those, a Doc's adapter will run about $40. If you have any money left in your budget, maybe a dial-a-welt velocity adjuster would be useful to you. However, don't forget to account for a rebuild kit if the gun is leaking. It's a tight budget; so you'll have to prioritize what you want versus what you need.
Quote:
My Feedback Thread
Old 04-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

How can you tell its a pmi frame. And what is thr point of an on/off rt and can it go in my gun. And also is it any good?
Old 04-14-2017, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteboy2242 View Post
How can you tell its a pmi frame. And what is thr point of an on/off rt and can it go in my gun. And also is it any good?
The frame is an AGD carbon fiber frame but the rubber grips are PMI (you can see the logo). Sheridan/PMI frames are smaller than AGD frames. This is why you can see how the grips don't completely cover it. The RT on/off goes into the bottom of the valve. You won't get the rapid fire effect from it but it'll lighten the trigger pull a bit.
Quote:
My Feedback Thread
Old 04-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Would you say that the rt trigger is good or bad? And where would i locate most of these items for my gu. Without having to search all over different bst's?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs