mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
When a game is worth it the distance is just a hurdle, not a wall.
“Political language -- and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists -- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.”-George Orwell

Minecraft Username: Arsnyder388

Feedback
mechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

If it's not firing in semi without the wave spring you should take the on/off and valve apart and clean an oil the whole thing and see if you can get it to fire in semi mode first.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

To put it back in semi mode, you need to remove the wave spring.

EL Gringo's Feedback
Buy my Black Phoon
El Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

i already put it back in semi. however i do not know how to disassemble the valve and then know what could be the problem. i know jack about mag valves. someone can correct me if im wrong but arent mags blowforwards? i ask because im not use to dealing with this type of marker and i had a thought. i think the backhalf of the sear the part the trips the bolt is the problem. to elaborate i think its to low to catch the bolt. but some one with more experience with mags might disagree with this i just thought id throw it out there.
Quote:
“Political language -- and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists -- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.”-George Orwell

Feedback

Last edited by mechman; 03-22-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

so my friend walked me through disassembling a valve, i had a diagram to help. i cleaned everything then lubed everything took apart the on/off assembly(i finally know what that is) and inspected all the o rings. no damage from what i can tell everything looks fine tomorrow i will gas it again. with a slight change i have an old sear assembly and rail if the body fits im going to run that and see if i cant get it to fire semi. i let you know how things go.
Quote:

Feedback
Old 03-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

pump rod too short or wave spring too hard is my guesses...........but go on.....im just posting to subscribe

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Marathoner

A pump mag works by using the wave spring to enduce "bolt stick" when this happens, the front of the sear cannot rise to catch the bolt since the bolt is blocking it and the back of the sear cannot drop to let gas get to the dump chamber and the powertube.

You had some movement in your sear pin, but not enough, so that means that the bolt is in the stuck position. Push a squeegy down the barrel to reset the bolt. If the mag will now fire one shot, that means that your pump rod is not high/long enough to reset your bolt as mentioned by "pump".
Old 03-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

well i tested it in semi mode (with the blue washer thing) and had the exact same results as before. my friend who has a lot more experience with mags agrees that it must be the valve at this point because air is not getting past it. he thinks its the on/off assembly. I've already done a basic field strip of the gun and valve so im going to do a more in depth examination of the valve. hopefully finding a problem
Quote:

Feedback
Old 03-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

I saw your avatar and thought I might point this out.

Your not using a lp tank are you?

Im running a myth reg on my tank for my emag and It shot well when I was trying it out 2 days ago but it wouldnt shoot yesterday. I checked the output and it was just below 650 at 3000 psi. Im picking up a new reg because of this.
olinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

If it won't even fire in semi, it sounds to me like the problem is in the bach half of the valve (reg).
From the way you described the problem, it seemsto me that your air isn't even getting to the on/off assembly.
I realize that there is very little back there that can possibly create a problem, but I once had a valve I could not figure out at all. The problem turned out to be the spring pack. It came out in pieces.
If you get the chance, go to zds paintball (I think), and check out the animated mag. It'll explain a lot to you.

Hope this helps!

My feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
b-cuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs