mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

And if all else fails with the mag, well i think i still gave it to ya with stars on it, but once i get back let me take a crack, or ya can send it too me up here Ill ship ya your NME and SF frame out tomorrow or something, so ya know.
pbowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechman View Post
my friend who has a lot more experience with mags agrees that it must be the valve at this point because air is not getting past it. he thinks its the on/off assembly.
1. Assemble the mag but leave the bolt out. Gas her up slowly. If air dumps out of the barrel with the trigger forward, air is getting past the on/off. Goto 2. If it doesn't, the problem is before/in the on/off. Goto 3.

2. Pull the trigger. If the air stops leaking out the barrel, the on/off is fine and the problem is with the bolt/pump arm/wave spring/power tube.

3. To see if the problem is before the on/off, remove the on/off assembly and slowly gas up the marker. If air leaks out of the on/off hole, the problem is in the on/off. If not, the problem is in the spring pack (which should be greased), your reg pin/reg seal, or your ASA/air source.

A broken reg pin, gas not getting into the marker, missing/stuck/worn out spring pack, velocity not turned up at all (not likely), or angry elves (do you own any SP products?) would be the most likely causes.

Last edited by secretweaponevan; 03-24-2008 at 02:25 AM.
secretweaponevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

i am back at college so i cant gas her up. however i am going to look over the valve and hopefully get a chance soon to try all your suggestions. im thinking by Wednesday i should know. oh and i have a question about the spring pack, i was wondering what its supposed to look like as i am confused why its called a springpack when all it is is a bunch of washers...Problem? on top of that i have a rear velocity adjuster and does that change how the reg. piston, springpack are configured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
When a game is worth it the distance is just a hurdle, not a wall.
“Political language -- and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists -- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.”-George Orwell

Minecraft Username: Arsnyder388

Feedback
mechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #24 (permalink)

so last night i got to gas it up again trying the different combos that secretweaponevan had mentioned. first i removed the bolt-> nothing. next the on/off assembly-> angain nothing. then i remove the spring pack...this is when it go interesting. if you look in my pictars i have rear velocity adjuster the easy one. so when i remove the spring pack-> nothing, but i unscrewed the back of the velocity adjuster and it was not pressurized(i thought it was supposed to be )it seem gas isnt getting to the past the reg piston to the spring back. there is a sh...junk load of lube back there so im wondering now what is the next step.
Quote:
“Political language -- and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists -- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.”-George Orwell

Feedback
Old 03-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechman View Post
so last night i got to gas it up again trying the different combos that secretweaponevan had mentioned. first i removed the bolt-> nothing. next the on/off assembly-> angain nothing. then i remove the spring pack...this is when it go interesting. if you look in my pictars i have rear velocity adjuster the easy one. so when i remove the spring pack-> nothing, but i unscrewed the back of the velocity adjuster and it was not pressurized(i thought it was supposed to be )it seem gas isnt getting to the past the reg piston to the spring back. there is a sh...junk load of lube back there so im wondering now what is the next step.
Sounds like either your spring pack is soooooo gunked up that it can't move forward enough to touch the reg pin to let gas in, your reg pin is broken so the spring pack can't push it away so gas can get to the marker, OR, your there is a problem with your ASA/air source and no gas at all is getting to the marker.

I recommend undoing the fitting going into your AIR valve on the side and see if gas is actually getting into your marker. Gas it up slowly and see if air is actually getting to the gun.

Keep tracing the symptoms back to the source to find out what the problem is.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

found the problem it was that the velocity adjuster wasn't turned in enough to push the spring pack against the reg piston thus pushing that pin thing. i got quite a laugh when i figured it out. all i have to do now is get some more gas so i can test the pump action. well this has been quite a learning experience thanks to everyone on MCB for there help.
Quote:

Feedback
Old 03-31-2008, 12:17 AM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

See you have a DYE frame, have done 3 mags myself using them with EVERY one having some sort off issue.

** Make sure the arm on sear that trigger rod attaches too DOES NOT hit the bottom of frames clearance slot when trigger is pulled back all the way.
You should be able to squeeze trigger bottoming it out against frame and have the sear continue to pivot within frame unobstructed.

1 of my frames did not have this slot deep enough, and required shortening the leg of sear just under the clevis of pin. Machining the slot deeper is a major PITA.

If the on/off pin cannot travel threw the range of movement, marker can have issues in getting a recharge for the next shot.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs