mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Mag noooooob

I installed my lv 10 and it started to act kinda funny. the rt valve still shot properly and but when the lv 10 worked it released gas in a funny sounding way, still kinda worked....i then found out i forgot to put that little white washer thingy in and i discovered the lv 10 had its own unique power tube tip. (the lv 10 i was putting in my rt came with a classic valve i bought awhile ago.) after installing the power tube tip and white thingy, I messed with the shims and could not get it to work properly. First it leaked air and shot almost full auto. Then it did this spongy trigger thing where it wouldnt fire at all. I was very frustrated and thought something was wrong with my gun. So i took the level 10 out and put the old power tube tip and spacer in and it shot fine! ARG, I hate not knowing how the lv 10 works.....meh....maybe ill find a mag guru on my field who can help me. Cause i dunno if any amount of explination will help me.
FeedTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Did you try here http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml ? Level 10 Guide, complete with animated figures of how it works. Hope this helps!

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

hmmmm, thanks PJ. Two things I noticed right away. I didn't change the boltspring, and I didn't mess with the velocity when it leaked....I shall later investigate this further.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

it is a long shot, but have you read the instructions for the level 10 yet? Generally when the lvl10 kicks in and doesn't break the ball, it will sound kinda like a "Chuff" sound. The best thing to do is to to start with a basic setup on the LVL10 and work up from there. I would use the middle standard size spring and put in the first carrier and all the other components that makeup the LVL10 system. Then based on how it shoots and other factors, just change out the carriers until you find the one that still allows you to shoot effectively and will hopfully bounce off a ball.

Here is a link to AO where you basically have all of the information you will ever need about the LVL10: http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag

Last edited by Walrus; 09-12-2006 at 10:30 PM. Reason: hmmm...seems I took too long typing :)
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

yeah when i got it in my classic valve it worked fine, so i kinda know what its supposed to sound like. Im not certain but I SUSPECT the cause of the problem is partially i didnt change the bolt spring and also i didnt mess around with the velocity. We shall later see.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I put the new spring in and stuff and it Sorta worked. i still have problems with it going into burst or full autoish mode! lol, but it no longer leaks....may need to tweak it a little more. any ideas about why its shooting full auto?

Last edited by FeedTheDogg; 09-13-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
full auto problems are ususally the fault of the on/off.

Is it a ULT on/off? Is there dirt etc in the on/off? Have you changed out the on/off o-rings?

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

its not a ult....and when I reassemble the mag without the lv 10 it doesn't do the full auto/burst....I may wanna try cleaning out the on/off though, maybe replace some o-rings like you said.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

now, im starting to suspect my full auto problems may have been caused by the sear pin being adjusted out to far, making the slightest movement and such make the gun fire...athough, i never had this problem with the lv 7 installed....hmmmm....
Old 10-01-2006, 11:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

That doesnt seem right. Dont adjust the sear pin if its right..they are loctited and are basically the only thing that isnt easy to adjust on a mag :P

Maybe your sear is quite worn?
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs