mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

lvl 10 and pump kits

Just wondering about the combining the two and if it can cause trouble. I am expecting to have a hard time balancing/tuning the level 10 to not chop but still keep the bolt spring weak enough that it won't just reset itself and run in semi.

anyone have experiance with this?

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

If you are using it as a pump, what is the point of the anti-chop? Are you going to be shooting it fast enough to chop?
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurferdude2 View Post
If you are using it as a pump, what is the point of the anti-chop? Are you going to be shooting it fast enough to chop?
I will second this as well. I had a pump Mag and there is no reason for a level 10. In fact the previous owner of it put a level 10 on, but that was just to see if he could do it. It is just easier and more efficient to use a classic valve and a level 7 bolt.

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Co-Cpt Team Trigger Happy

stay w/ the level 7/ lvl10 is completely unneccessary.
Big Pumpin' Alumnist-Keep It Strong
My Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lft1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
fox
Tunnel Rat!

From what I understand Lvl 10 just isn't nearly as efficient as level 7. Seems like that'd be about the same as leaving an e-frame on a sniper II. Does it help, no, it just wastes batteries and makes e-cocker users angry

-fox-
fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

it's just because I'm going to have another level 10 bolt around anyway. It will probably end up with an SC feed and I do kind of worry about an open bolt gun that won't have a ball stack to help keep the ball in the breach durring slides/fat man tumbles.

efficiency isn't a big deal to me on this gun because I don't think it will ever be a very efficient pump.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well, if I understand that you are worried about keeping a ball in the breech, then you can use a force fed loader of some sort and it may help. Otherwise, a closed bolt is the only other type of marker that would keep a ball in the breech/bore during a tumble or slide.

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Old 10-05-2006, 12:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Okay.. but can the two be combined.. I have a RT ule pro that I was debating throwing a pump kit on. As I do not have a level 7 bolt I figured I leave the level 10 on..

Sorry to thread jack but its an issue I need to adress too

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

the biggest issue I have seen with converting some of the rts and ULEs is the rail. The rt rail was longer than the classic rail so you may have to run a longer pump rod or get an older rail.

running a force feed loader on gun that I want an SC feed on seems a bit odd. I have seen the warped phantoms that WWA did a few years ago but not really interested.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sorry, I didn't know you were using a SC feed. In that case, get a type of spring feed mechinism to keep pressure on the balls. Honestly, I really don't think you are going to have to worry about it too much. Just go out and play with it and then see what you need to do about the ball stack. Either it will be fine or you will see what the problem (if any) is and you can address it then!

Also, I think you can generally get a good 20-25 shots off of a 12gm if you are going stock class with it and you have a classic valve. I am almost positive that if you try to use the level 10, you will be getting a few less shots, maybe like closer to 20 or less.

My Gallery

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs