mcarterbrown.com
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So.Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam45 View Post

The Sydarm cannot be made into a pump directly. The rail does not have a vertical ASA hole so theres nowhere to attach the pump to the rail. The rail and body are pump milled but without this hole I'm not sure how they expected the pump kit to attach ?]
take a look at your rail from the top. There is a good chance the vert asa hole has been 98% drilled. All you have to do is drill through the remaining 2%.

At least I had a am/mm rail just like that...
smoothice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
A-Tach-One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam45 View Post
Ok I made my Sydarm into a pump. I will play tomorrow so I thought, what the heck.

The Sydarm cannot be made into a pump directly. The rail does not have a vertical ASA hole so theres nowhere to attach the pump to the rail. The rail and body are pump milled but without this hole I'm not sure how they expected the pump kit to attach ? That be said theres not very many Mag owners who only have one Mag. I took a rail off one of my other Mags and I'm ready for tomorrow.

Thats a centre feed twist Freak back and a White Wolf Freak tip. The pump is a Rainman229 kit ( Rainman229.com ).

The Pic ........

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...s/IMG_1504.jpg
Actually, the rails are milled for the vert asa. It's just not milled all the way through. Even a screw driver would punch through the thin bit of aluminum. I have sydarm SY000025 and the rail is milled this way. So most will need to have the rail and body milled for pump but the vert asa hole is already there.
A-Tach-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Custom User
 
adam45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothice View Post
take a look at your rail from the top. There is a good chance the vert asa hole has been 98% drilled. All you have to do is drill through the remaining 2%.

At least I had a am/mm rail just like that...
Yes it is drilled 98%. I dont think I will drill it out though.
I'm not terribly observant apparently, lol.
adam45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So.Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam45 View Post
Yes it is drilled 98%. I dont think I will drill it out though.
I'm not terribly observant apparently, lol.
Well considering you have another pump milled rail I wouldn't drill it out either.
smoothice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
suns out guns out
 
freebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: upstate NY
Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
thats funny, the sydarm we have on the wall-o-history at the nest is factory pump milled both body and rail. and it does not have the hole. Its serial number is SY000083.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC