mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Here is a nice video of what a level 10 bolt can do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/57nMmXLmTVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/57nMmXLmTVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
Notch ~ "* Hoes now produce proper seeds"
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Still...oil?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Im your Huckleberry

Send a message via AIM to rob373

I threw quite a few drops down the airline, when I take apart the valve, do I need to use any Dow 55 style lube, or just oil?

Check out Action Acres, great place to ball!
rob373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Nope just oil, a good synthetic oil that won't rot o-rings.
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Old 11-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Im your Huckleberry

In taking apart the valve, I found that one of the shims (#6 on the diagram from the previous page) was pinched by the brass nut, so it now has a nice little lip on it so that it now looks like the front end of a snowboard. Not sure if that was causing my problems, can I run it with only the other two shims? Will Core gun oil work? Also, it didnt come with the carriers, just what was in the gun already.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
To be honest, I don't run shims in any of my XValves... You only need shims if your bolt will not reset after a ball jam.

Core gun oil, that should be fine. I use "KC Trouble Free" but it's hard to find. As long as it won't rot o-rings you should be good. If you use the wrong oil you will not hurt the valve you will just eat up the o-rings and will need to buy a rebuild kit.

From the "carrier chart" what size do you have? At some point you will probably need to pick up some carriers and a rebuild kit just so you have all the proper o-rings for those days that you need a field repair. remember you want the have the looses carrier that does not leak and always use the same carrier o-ring when changing out the carriers; the o-ring has been broken in and you do not want to keep putting new o-rings in.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Im your Huckleberry

My carrier has no lines on the outside, but a hole in where the oring goes.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
So it could be a "0" or it may have a dot on the outside edge and that would make it a ".5" Dots are half sizes while lines are whole sizes. A line and a dot would make it "1.5". Sounds like you have a very tight carrier and may need a new carrier o-ring if its start to leak down the barrel again. If you have no lines and dots you can not go any smaller, but due to your bolt stick you may be too tight; does that make sense.

you want the loosest carrier that does not leak to reduce bolt stick but you don't want it to leak.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Im your Huckleberry

Yeah, its the zero. I seem to have a combination of bolt stick and leaking down the barrel. So, I need a rebuild kit then right?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
It wouldn't hurt to get some extra carriers of larger size while you are at it.

X-Valve O-Ring Replacement Kit
L10 Carrier Assembly

I can't ever think of using a carrier over the size of "2.5" so if you picked up the .5, 1.5, 2, 2.5 you should be covered for anything.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs