mcarterbrown.com

Old 11-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Im your Huckleberry

Send a message via AIM to rob373

New AGD owner

Hey guys, Ive been looking to get into the AGD scene for quite a while, and recently, an opportunity fell into my lap. I am now the owner of a Tac One with left side feed, yet I now realize that I dont really know how it all works. Can anyone give me a link to a crash course on the ins and outs of a Tac One?

Thanks,
Rob

EDIT:

Heres a pic

Check out Action Acres, great place to ball!

Last edited by rob373; 11-17-2009 at 07:49 PM.
rob373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Im your Huckleberry

Hey, whenever I air it up it will automatically shoot one shot. After that, it will not go semi auto, it will shoot, then you have to wait, and then a sound like an air piston will hiss and then it can shoot again. What might cause this?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Check your input pressure and keep reading.

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll find them as addictive to play with as the rest of us have.

They take cocker threads, so barrel possibilities are limitless.
They're ridiculously easy to clean, too. Take out the thumbscrew under the valve/back of the trigger frame, disconnect the air line, and the valve pops right out, exposing the interior of the body.
That's an X-valve there, so only use hpa or nitro in it. They like an input pressure somewhere between 800 and 1000 psi.
It probably has the level 10 bolt in it, so you shouldn't have ANY chopping problems (if it's already tuned). To test this, just put a dowel rod (or your finger if you're brave, if it's tuned you'll barely notice it) in the breech and pull the trigger. as soon as the bolt "feels" a blockage, it stops (sorta like eyes in an electro, but is somehow done mechanically).
When you start your play day, just put 2 drops of oil in the fitting on the valve, and it's ready to go.
I recommend a manual if you want to disassemble the valve. When you put it back in, just make sure the 2 white lines on the bottom match up.
To do a full teardown, just take out both screws in the trigger frame.

About the only out I can think of is is that the body is a bit of a pain to clean, because of the rail slots (it takes a toothbrush to get into those grooves, at least you have the t2w stock instead of the longbow, it's more comfortable and easier to clean).

Once again, congratulations! Hope you like it, hope this helps

My feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
b-cuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob373 View Post
Hey, whenever I air it up it will automatically shoot one shot. After that, it will not go semi auto, it will shoot, then you have to wait, and then a sound like an air piston will hiss and then it can shoot again. What might cause this?
Problem One, Take off the saftey and hold the trigger when you air it up, that will keep it from firing the "One" shot.

Problem Two, Sounds like a bolt sick issue. Mags love oil try that first.
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
Notch ~ "* Hoes now produce proper seeds"
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

First things first, watch the old Tom Kaye video, it'll fill you in on the basics, theres some nice history, it shows basic maintenance, etc.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Im your Huckleberry

I cant tell for sure what the input pressure is on the tank, its a Ninja Reg, so it should be around 800 psi. Safety off fixed the first shot, but it still wont make more than a couple shots a min.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob373 View Post
I cant tell for sure what the input pressure is on the tank, its a Ninja Reg, so it should be around 800 psi. Safety off fixed the first shot, but it still wont make more than a couple shots a min.
I assume you are dry firing. the bolt is getting stuck then "LVLX" or "Level 10" feature is kicking in and resetting. Try backing off on the body and valve bolts, they only need to be finger tight or a little more, no need to crank them down. If that does not help write back I have more ideas.
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Old 11-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Im your Huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post
I assume you are dry firing. the bolt is getting stuck then "LVLX" or "Level 10" feature is kicking in and resetting. Try backing off on the body and valve bolts, they only need to be finger tight or a little more, no need to crank them down. If that does not help write back I have more ideas.
Okay, loosinging the screws helped a lot, I got off 8 shots in quick succession, but then it started leaking air down the barrel. I am dry firing btw.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Ok, we are getting someplace. Have you put any oil in the system yet? there is an o-ring in the power tube that seals the dump chamber when the bolt resets that is where your leak is "most likely" coming from. Did you get any brass carriers when the mag... I'm going to post more info in a momment but this should keep you typing for a bit

Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan

How to tune a Level X Bolt
  1. Take off the bolt and spring
  2. Pull of the Power Tube nut
  3. Take out all the shims and the carrier
  4. Toss in the 2.0 carrier and place an o-ring inside the carrier
  5. Reassemble w/o shims, and use the middle spring
  6. Screw in the velocity adjuster about inch. I know it sounds crazy but crank down on that bad boy!
  7. If it doesn’t leak go with a larger carrier, 2.5, 3.0.
  8. If it leaks and the sound changes when you touch the bolt (don’t put your finger in there and fire it just yet) go with a smaller carrier.
  9. Once the correct carrier is found toss in 2 shims but only if your bolt does not reset after a "bolt reset event" like a ball jam.
  10. Use the something about the size of a paintball, put it in the breech and pull the trigger. It should make a chuff, chuff sound. If the bolt doesn’t reset add another shim.
  11. final test put on a barrel condom or plug tape a paintball half way into the breech. Pull the trigger until the paintball gets chopped. IF you run out of air, your hand gets tired then the lvl 10 is setup properly. If not start over with the above steps.

You basically want the largest carrier that does not leak... Ok, so now you want to know how to tell the carrier size...

The diameter of the carrier is identified by a series of lines and/or dot, carved into the carrier body. The diameter determines how snugly the o–ring fits into the carrier.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs