mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

RT mag leak

My RT is leaking down the barrel. What could be the cause of the problem? Poor disassymbly? i figure its a missing or damaged o-ring some where....what seals can cause a leak down the barrel?
FeedTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to doicomehereoften Send a message via MSN to doicomehereoften

On/Off Valve probably needs a new teflon o-ring. If you have time, I'd suggest checking out the AGD tech video that sdawg uploaded to YouTube. That'll give you the answer to every 'Mag problem you'll ever have. And Tom Kaye's mustache is worth its weight in gold.
I'm really not good at writing signatures. I mean, what is it that you're really trying to do? Write something that somebody's actually going to remember, or even read? Yeah right! Nobody ever actually reads these things.
doicomehereoften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
If it leaks down the barrel when you hold the trigger then the on/off o-ring/o-rings need to be replaced. If it stops leaking when you hold the trigger you need to replace the powertube o-ring or possibly move up a powertube spacer size.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ok it only happens when the trigger is not held down. I changed power tube tip o-ring with no results.... I replaced the tiny on/off o-ring. Any other solutions? btw, does it seem like new power tube o-rings are the right size? I got an xvalve kit cause i needed lv 10 parts and the power tube tip o-rings feel like they fit odd...
Old 02-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
You don't need to replace the powertube tip oring. You need to replace the actual powertube oring. However it should be the exact same size as thw powertube top oring and sit right behind the spacer in thw powertube.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

lol nvm got it...replace that other....thingy.

Last edited by FeedTheDogg; 02-02-2007 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

lame...i replaced all the on/off seals...the reg piston seal...and others with my seal kit and it keeps leaking....i think its possessed. The only thing seemingly consistent is the leak always stops when i pull the trigger..
Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to doicomehereoften Send a message via MSN to doicomehereoften

You may need to get a new on/off as it might be worn.
I'm really not good at writing signatures. I mean, what is it that you're really trying to do? Write something that somebody's actually going to remember, or even read? Yeah right! Nobody ever actually reads these things.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Can the wrong size carrier also be the cause of a leak with the lv 10?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't think so, given HOW it's leaking. The on/off valve is supposed to shut off all flow to the forward of it when the trigger is not engaged. You might want to double check the YouTube tech vids that sdawg posted, since I doubt it involves anything to do with Lv 10 bolt.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs