|Airsmiths on MCB MCB Airsmiths working together to bring you the best in custom paintball work.|
| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|01-16-2010, 03:31 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Eye holes welded
I have a raw '05 superstock body that I want the eye holes in it welded.
Before anyone throws in their two cents:
- This could possibly destroy the body. Don't care I got it for twenty bucks or so.
- The anno wont take the same in the welded area. Doesn't matter planning on getting an oldschool three color splash/sponge job that should hide any imperfections enough for my satisfaction.
- Check-it makes an Eye-patch! Yeah, I have it and don't like it much.
- Why not find an '05 prostock body instead? I'd rather use what I have unless you know of someone that has one dirt cheap or wants to trade.
- Grimace you're awesome can I be more like you? Perhaps but you'll need extensive training.
So if you can weld like a master, or just good enough drop me a PM. If you're afraid to take on the project don't be. At worst we call it a loss and you can throw the aluminum in the recycle bin and I won't hold it against ya.
Might also be interested in custom milling of some sort to get rid of the eye cover slot.
|01-17-2010, 06:29 PM||#4 (permalink)|
I'll try to get some pictures up shortly.
|01-17-2010, 08:37 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Here's the best I could get on my camera.
|01-18-2010, 10:59 AM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2008
that should not be to bad the only problom would be protecting the insides little hot weld slag even on wire welders can go all over the place if this was the summer when the place i weld at was open id give it a shot
|01-18-2010, 01:48 PM||#7 (permalink)|
Thanks for the input Nick. I guess you could shove a wooden dowel down the breech or something to protect it. I don't know enough about welding hence this thread. In any case the insides still need a polish so minor nastiness could be sanded out I hope.
|01-28-2010, 05:24 AM||#8 (permalink)|
HI = A Pumper's Paradise
I wanna see how this turns out. I would like to do the same one day on my Merlin body. Good luck Grimace.
MCB Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Anybody gots to sell:
-Line SI Bushmaster Pointman handle
-Racegun Halfblock Backblock (newer ver.)
|01-28-2010, 05:40 AM||#9 (permalink)|
Crafter of skins
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Farmington, Mi
I know Ken over at KPCS has done something similar a time or two, give him a shout.
Handmade leather holsters
FleshCrafters facebook fan page
Current list of people planning on getting a holster for their DRV:
3: Dundadun (special build, no longer DRV)
5: Crimson Death
6: Big Phil
|01-28-2010, 08:44 AM||#10 (permalink)|
Thanks, fastev has already agreed to take on the project.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|