mcarterbrown.com  

Airsmiths on MCB MCB Airsmiths working together to bring you the best in custom paintball work.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Nelspot ball stop

I am interested in getting a ball stop machined for my Nelspot (2nd generation, no screw to act as a ball stop). It would have to fit the top tube and I would like a parabolic shape like the Automag powerfeed plug. I am thinking of a single piece of delrin, several inches long, maybe with an o-ring groove or two to keep things snug. I would like the front to have a rib or flange on the front so it cannot be pushed too far into the tube.

Anyone up for the task? And if so, a rough idea on cost?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Scarecrow used to have several styles on his website. At one point I asked B about them, he said that he was the one that originally designed them and that he had no better luck wiht any of then than a simple cork from a wine bottle in the right spot.

I made one that I currently use out of a old cracked 10rnd tube, I have it in a thread here some place I will see if I can find it for you so you can see what I did.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Thanks. A wooden dowel and ten round tube is actually what I am currently using, but I wanted something with a bit more finesse.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I had a Scarecrow one (currently on a 007 in Canadia) and they were quality but a pain to adjust properly. I currently have a delrin flat nosed plug in the 007 I am running. It fits like a 10 round tube but is flat nosed and externally it looks just like the nose plug. It's held in place with an o-ring and is easily removed for cleaning or rust preventive oiling maintenance. I like this system the best.
skx762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I would be fine with a flat faced plug. Where did you get this? Any chance of pictures?

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think BigOldSkool mentioned he could make them or something like it awhile back. My 007 came with it installed. I don't even think the prior owner even knew it was in there.

I am currently 600 miles away from my markers for another week. It is something I have been meaning to post pictures of though. Just for recording neat mods I run across.
skx762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Ok so I suck, I didn't post pictures but here is a discription of what I did.

Please note that I don't think this will work, at least not as well. Without a RTR or other type feedgate.

I took an old 10 rnd tube that had a crack in it and I cut a notch in the bottom of it (the rounded end). I cut it at the point that it curves out the furthest (1/2 way up if it's laying on it's side) and cutting back far enough that it will let the balls drop into the chamber. Then cut the tube to the proper lenth, wrap electrical tape around it to help hold it in place. Then installed the RTR feedgate.

So far it really works like a charm testing it. feeds into the gun quite well and even has a little lip to help prevent the next ball to be fed from rolling back away from the feed port.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Understood. And thanks.

I wrecked my tube ball stop last time I cleaned my Nelly, so I wanted something a bit nicer.

I will check out Scarecrow.

Unless there is someone here that can turn some delrin?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Does the OD need to be turned down or can you just use a standard size rod and make an end on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
That would probably also work. I would prefer to have an edge to mimic the original feed cap, but whatever works...

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB