mcarterbrown.com  

Airsmiths on MCB MCB Airsmiths working together to bring you the best in custom paintball work.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
Semper Paratus

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
hmmm, drilling out the roc stock is definitely do-able. As for the fitting port, I do not have that piece. (I'm guessing that is the piece with the two o-rings). When you mean tap the back side for a 1/8 NPT, did you mean the backside of the fitting port or the back side of the ROC stock?

thanks a lot man.
ColonelYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

It looks like the trickiest part would be getting those 2 o-ring grooves inside the hole that would need to be put into the stock, but there are ways around that. It could probably be done relatively easily with a hole larger than the one in the Tippmann version to allow for a bushing to fit in, and using a bushing that has o-rings on the inside to seal against the airline with the end of the bushing tapped for 1/8" NPT. Leave a little flange on the bushing that would push against the stock from inside the gun to keep it from blowing off once pressurized.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Semper Paratus

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
alright, I have an idea of what you guys are saying.. now the question sir, if you don't mind me asking, how much would you charge for this service? (and would is there a veteran discount? lol) but yeah, on a serious note, I am definitely curious on getting this done.

thanks so much again.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #24 (permalink)

Someone could make themselves in high demand making a said bushing with orings and flange. Seems like someone could machine that up. Would make for a common air through mod onto various stocks.
Josh_mlt_wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
Semper Paratus

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
that would be awesome not just for me but for whoever that wants one.... anybody? Y0da?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #26 (permalink)

Something like this would be ideal. have to find the right size and thick enough to tap for threads and o-ring slots.

Mil Spec Series Bushings - Flanged Bushings
Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Can you tell me approximately (or exactly if you have calipers) the outside diameter of the piece that would go into the bushing to seal?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Semper Paratus

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Okay is there any way to measure this without a caliper? I'll try to trace the fitting and measure it. Then upload a picture when i get a chance. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #29 (permalink)

You could just put a ruler up to the opening and give what measurement the outside edge lands on or between. Fractional and in mm would be good.

From a previous post, it was advised that it just fit into the bottom ASA oriface. I measured that and found it to be just shy of 5/16(10/32). So the opening may be 9/32 or 19/64. That would leave the outside diameter of the air through part to be around 1/4(8/32) to 9/32

All assumed of course on previous information. O-rings should solve variance though right?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

They can take up a certain amount of slack, but not a whole lot if you want it to work properly. The higher the pressure, the tighter you want your o-rings to be most of the time as well. I'll see if I can whip something up this weekend just as a test run and get back to you.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB