mcarterbrown.com  

Airsmiths on MCB MCB Airsmiths working together to bring you the best in custom paintball work.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Semper Paratus

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Question Custom Phenom Air Line

Gents,

I would like to propose a question that could be or might not be tricky but because of my lack of knowledge of air smithing and lack of machines, I will turn to you.

What I'm asking for is, is it possible for you to connect this:

to a brass airhttp://www.tippmannpros.com/x7-phenom-air-thru-adapter-kit.htmline or stainless steel braid or even macroline?

I would like to also drill/tap a hole through my KILLJOY INDUSTRIES ROC STOCK rear plate and run my air system like this:

As you see, my current set up has a few flaws, it's not as pretty as it could but it works.. I would love to re-route it but the question always fall back on the question on how to get the air system to connect.

thanks, I hope I can get an answer soon.

ColonelYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Anything can be done when the right amount of time, money, and patience is applied. Do you have drills and taps? Soldering skills?

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Semper Paratus

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Unfortunately, I have none of the skills you speak about. I can possibly drill it but probably would prefer professional assistance. could you possibly give me an estimate or would you know of anyone that could do this / give me an estimate on the price?

thanks
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
We have many members that are capable, I don't currently have the tools to help. Maybe one of them will chime in?

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
BLOODwaSHED

why not just use this kit as it was intended? Tippmann X7 Phenom Flexi Air Buttstock...why do you need braided/macro line at all?...I mean I guess you could just not use rap4's back-plate/asa and drill out the stock's back-plate so rap4's brass line would come slightly out the back of that, then if the brass line has a large enough OD you might be able to tap it with 1/8 pipe thread and couple a line off that.....maybe....but I don't think it is a large enough OD. but it could be
do-able and pretty easy if you know how to solder brass.

sorry if this doesn't help any.
"I'm not an atheist, and I don't think I can call my self a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That , it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. Albert Einstein
bloodwashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The piece he's using isn't rap4, it's the piece Tippmann made for the Phenom so it will work with the Commando Air Thru:
Tippmann X7 Phenom Air Thru Adapter Kit

He wants to use his Roc stock though instead of the Tippmann commando stock. I could be wrong but it should be as simple as drilling and tapping the Roc stock and putting fittings in place.

I'll pull mine apart tomorrow morning and snap a picture of the stock end that plugs into the adapter.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Semper Paratus

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
gents, thanks a lot. it is greatly appreciated.

The biggest issue is, I'm not sure on how to connect the commando air thru piece. not sure of the type of fitting that would be required. thanks again.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
BLOODwaSHED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
The piece he's using isn't rap4, it's the piece Tippmann made for the Phenom so it will work with the Commando Air Thru:
Tippmann X7 Phenom Air Thru Adapter Kit

He wants to use his Roc stock though instead of the Tippmann commando stock. I could be wrong but it should be as simple as drilling and tapping the Roc stock and putting fittings in place.

I'll pull mine apart tomorrow morning and snap a picture of the stock end that plugs into the adapter.
If worse comes to worst I wonder if the back-plate of the commando stock could be pulled out and just retrofit it on the roc stock....just a thought.
"I'm not an atheist, and I don't think I can call my self a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That , it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. Albert Einstein
Old 01-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwashed View Post
If worse comes to worst I wonder if the back-plate of the commando stock could be pulled out and just retrofit it on the roc stock....just a thought.
Nope, someone has already attempted to dissect one to get at the airline. Whatever they made it out of is some nasty stuff. The best bet would be to melt it, but there's no way to know if the brass line would survive that.

Here are a few pics:

Phenom "male" adapter installed

Commando "female" line

As you can see the female portion is just a piece of brass drilled and recessed for those two orings. The male portion of the adapter just slip fits into the stock portion.

It would be easy enough to drill the Roc Stock for the adapter but I'm at a loss for how you would recess it for orings with manual tools. I hope this gives you an idea of what needs to be done.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Old 01-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
BLOODwaSHED

hmmmm..... ya know....this is going to bug me til someone comes up with a way to do it....it just seems like you should be able to do something! like maybe over-size the hole and fit it with a rubber bushing, or something like and automag's power-tube where all you have to do is drop in an o-ring and tighten down the tip til the o-ring seals against the brass fitting...IDK I'm just thinking out loud at this point.....deuce just out of curiosity, can you find out the OD of the brass fitting?

But if I were you ColonelYun I would PM tymcneer, rainman229 or maybe even y0da900 to get an idea of how this could be done the best way.
sorry for not being much help.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB