mcarterbrown.com  

Airsmiths on MCB MCB Airsmiths working together to bring you the best in custom paintball work.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Yep. That's one of those complexities that we run into.

I'm definitely willing to take a look. There's alwas a solution, just not always an easy one.

AC thread od's are .965, I think. I can't remember at the moment, despite having done it 100 times.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #72 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Yep. That's one of those complexities that we run into.

I'm definitely willing to take a look. There's alwas a solution, just not always an easy one.

AC thread od's are .965, I think. I can't remember at the moment, despite having done it 100 times.
my calipers say:
Flasc AC thread od is .930, the DW Null thread od is- .920.

more problems that i keep finding, are body screws that sit flush to the barrel. meaning i can pretty much forget about the whole idea as the entire barrel must be no wider than .875"...
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Haha. That's right. I wanted to say .935. Which is what I machine mine to before threading. But your .98 remark threw me off and I don't have my print on hand.

I don't know about your body screws. And I don't have a TPX on hand. As you can see, just through conversation, we've taken care of every single thing that you once thought was a problem. When I have a gun in hand, I can make ANYTHING happen. Literally anything. Ask Deadpool for evidence. What??? Custom body shells for your TPX?!?! Yes. There are no limits as long as your funding can back the work.

It all comes down to the customer putting the gun in my hands to figure out. And then agreeing to having the work done once I decide on a process.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #74 (permalink)

You ever get a hold of an NXT or luxe body to see how feasible it is? If not, what measurements do you need? I can't send it anytime soon, but I can probably ship you a luxe or NXT shocker in april or may to find out.

"Without God and the future life? How will man be after that? It means everything is permitted now."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky

beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Distance from the nose of the gun to the feed.

Outside diameter of the threads. Inside diameter of the shank.

Smallest outside measurement of the gun in that area.

I can actually make a cocker threaded insert to fit into any gun... It's attaching it that's kind of a problem, and we need 1" clearance to do it. So even if there isn't enough meat left under the threads, I can still make a gun cocker threaded.

My new saying: Anything is po$$ible.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #76 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've got an old Trracer I'd like to get rethreaded for AC threads. PM me instructions on how to proceed? I can send you just the body, right, not the whole marker?

My AO Feedback

Want to cover you stainless steel lines with something nice? I've got heat shrink tubing.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
New Confirmation:

ICD guns.

Hopefully ForumReader will post pictures when he gets it.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #78 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Hey I've got an angel a1 threaded stiffi I want to use on my autococker. Can this be done? The barrel itself is carbon fiber however the the end is aluminum.
knife13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 AM   #79 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
It may or may not be possible. I would have to have the barrel in hand to decide if I can do it.

My policy is that I will handle return shipping if it turns out that it's not possible.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #80 (permalink)
Post Whore

Another tpx question.

Could you put tippy pro am threads (a5) onto a cci barrel? I am very unhappy with my j&j tpx barrel.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB