mcarterbrown.com  

Airsmiths on MCB MCB Airsmiths working together to bring you the best in custom paintball work.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Updating the Nelspot

Greetings,

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing in terms of bringing my 007 into the present era? I was thinking stripping-polishing-then nickle plating or something the body; polishing the lower bore & bolt/hammer/power tube...

And of course the more important questions - where can I get this done/how much cost-wise am I looking at?

Thx!!
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

buy phantom internals. i think you only need to use the original sear for the hammer.

maybe even lapco internals?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Yea, the plan is to use a lapco bolt and hammer with the 007 sear... although I have yet to actually try putting it all together that is.

I'm wondering, more in terms of cosmetics and asa stuff. Anyone ever make a replacement trigger frame with in-grip 12g housing?

...Shoot, just realized one of the most important things is figuring out a new barrel setup... anyone thread, say, an a/c barrel or bore out the lower tube for freak inserts?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

you should just get a retro 7 then...

there aren't replacement grips with 12gs but there are grip panels with holes for easier 12g changing, they're called battle grips if you wanna look for them.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
A little powder coating .....

There is a link to my 007 use it all the time, no problems no rollouts.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
Yea, the plan is to use a lapco bolt and hammer with the 007 sear... although I have yet to actually try putting it all together that is.

I'm wondering, more in terms of cosmetics and asa stuff. Anyone ever make a replacement trigger frame with in-grip 12g housing?

...Shoot, just realized one of the most important things is figuring out a new barrel setup... anyone thread, say, an a/c barrel or bore out the lower tube for freak inserts?
Yeah... I'll just say "good luck" on the trigger frame.

The tube diameter is too small to AC thread it directly. People have bored the barrel for a freak insert, but it's not easy/cheap/or an elegant solution when finished.

Update for the Nelly? Is the R7.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

yes, the R7 is quite a beautiful marker... I continue to ask myself why I haven't bought one. anyhow, the idea was the keep the 007 and update it as much as possible without actually, well, turning it into something more like the Retro. Hah, I guess I'll just start with working on the bottom tube's finish/bore

thanks gmp! powder coating seems like a fruitful way to go
Old 08-26-2012, 02:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

you'll still have to clean the bore and keep it oiled to prevent rust. it's what comes with a steel body. that's one of the reasons i recommended the retro 7, you can't modernize the maintenance as long as the body is still steel, until someone makes an aluminum copy your only other choice besides frequent oiling is the retro 7

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB