mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Airsmiths on MCB (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/airsmiths-mcb/)
-   -   Tiberius insert barrels (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/airsmiths-mcb/217867-tiberius-insert-barrels.html)

skullcandy1993 11-05-2012 11:24 PM

Tiberius insert barrels

Has anyone other than SSC every explored this topic?

I know that SSC offered freaked Tiberius barrels for a while, but as of now he is not.

Would it be possible to bore a Tiberius barrel to be compatible with the iFit inserts rather than freaks?

super_stanchy 11-10-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 (Post 2525927)
Has anyone other than SSC every explored this topic?

I know that SSC offered freaked Tiberius barrels for a while, but as of now he is not.

Would it be possible to bore a Tiberius barrel to be compatible with the iFit inserts rather than freaks?

the problem is the same as the automag stuff
its twistlock technology, and a small 7/8 od doesnt give you much wiggle room for attaching it

ifits would be even harder, because their kits are 1" od adapters

dundadun 11-11-2012 12:03 AM

I think he means just the ifit insert, not the whole adapter.

But I think you might have to mill the outside little "rim" on the ifit to fit into a barrel.

I wish I had gotten a tib barrel or two freaked before you you had to stop.

skullcandy1993 11-11-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dundadun (Post 2530556)
I think he means just the ifit insert, not the whole adapter.

Ya, thats what I meant, id rather have a freak bored barrel than an ifit bored barrel, but id also rather an ifit bored barrel than a stock barrel or a fixed bore barrel

Nightstar 12-02-2012 06:13 PM

So I was just looking at the Flasc site and noticed the "Tiberius 8.1/9.1 Control Bore Barrel kit! (coming soon)" Flasc Paintball! This looks like it might fit the bill.

Does anybody know if this actually exists as a retail product? I can't find any merchants selling it.

tymcneer 12-02-2012 06:19 PM

As soon as I get some field reports from someone about the prototype, I *may* be offering new freak Tiberius barrels.

They will not be cheap, as they are a monumental amount of work.

Ty

4G010H3R0 12-02-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super_stanchy (Post 2530546)
the problem is the same as the automag stuff
its twistlock technology, and a small 7/8 od doesnt give you much wiggle room for attaching it

ifits would be even harder, because their kits are 1" od adapters

I too am in this boat. I desperately want a Freak bored Tib.0 barrel.
Once I get my new parts made and added the only thing that it will need is a Freak bored barrel.

LOL what if I got a few stock tiberius barrels and let you try them and if you messed up one or two(or all of them besides one) I wont hold it against you? :-p

dundadun 12-04-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymcneer (Post 2550690)
As soon as I get some field reports from someone about the prototype, I *may* be offering new freak Tiberius barrels.

They will not be cheap, as they are a monumental amount of work.

Ty

These are from scratch barrels?

tymcneer 12-04-2012 11:02 PM

Yes, scratch built, only in brass... I *might* be able to make them in aluminium, but the price tag is likely to be higher than most will be willing to pay.

Ty

Nightstar 12-06-2012 04:29 PM

I'm interested. I guess it all hinges on the price though.