mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Airsmiths on MCB (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/airsmiths-mcb/)
-   -   Built in cocker Ram (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/airsmiths-mcb/224271-built-cocker-ram.html)

Vitalsilence 01-23-2013 01:09 AM

Built in cocker Ram

so i figure this is the best place to post this. would it be possible to drill and ream the space in between the upper and lower tube on the back of a cocker, and the create a ram that fits,create a plug to hold said ram in, drill the side of the body, mount qev or barbs, drill and tap the back block and create an in-body ram for a cocker. it would totally eliminate the cocking rod (although you would have to figure a cool way to hide the hoses running to it)and need for a space on the front block. also would have great use for a pneumatic assisted pump. just throwing this out there before i take a hard look at it and consider trying to make it work.

Vitalsilence 01-23-2013 01:12 AM

i guess i'm asking how much volume or space is needed to create an effective ram. is there enough space in-between the upper and lower tube to create an effective ram there? i know it can be done but is it practical?

Vitalsilence 01-23-2013 01:17 AM

possiblly use a pre-2k and use the meat in-between the upper and lower tube and offset to the side of the body. offset to the right may give alittle more room to drill and tap the proper size, and a straight line to the 3 way

super_stanchy 01-23-2013 12:15 PM

so where are you trying to put a ram?

in the lower tube?
in between the upper and lower tube?
in between the upper and lower, and shifted to the side?

im confused D:

Shane-O 01-23-2013 12:22 PM

Yes it can be done. Powerlyte built guns with the ram built into the body.

cmdaily 01-23-2013 01:27 PM

2013 is the year of down sizing - Part 1

look at the Punishers Custom... the third one... is this what you are talking about?

Vitalsilence 01-24-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super_stanchy (Post 2601723)
so where are you trying to put a ram?

in the lower tube?
in between the upper and lower tube?
in between the upper and lower, and shifted to the side?

im confused D:

was wanting to make an internal ram in the rear of a cocker body. between the upper and lower tube probably offset to the right.so the ram would attach straight to the back block with out a rod. just don't know if there's enough meat to the body to make one with enough volume, or if it's already been done

Shane-O 01-25-2013 11:32 AM

Whats this worth? Powerlyte Hybrid Autococker

1 air line one each side of the body, with a crossover passage between the tubes. The ram was on the right side if I recall correctly.

Vitalsilence 01-25-2013 08:58 PM

^
thank you now that i know it has been done, i think i'm going to buy a pre-2k or just after 2k setup and start on design and engineer a more user friendly version. thanks again for all the input.

BLachance75 01-26-2013 10:17 AM

I would probably start with a pre2k slab body. Bacci usuall has some for sale. The right side of the body has extra meat on it. I think in 98 or 99 they starts to out a grove down body sides.