mcarterbrown.com  

AirStar Nova For Airstar/PGI/WarMachine Paintball guns. Nova's and all related markers.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to tybalt762

Here's a good question...

On the Nova barrels, does the delrin tip on the front serve any purpose? The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to remove the shroud on the front portion of my 16" to expose the reciprocating barrel.
tybalt762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
1.21 gigawatts!

Send a message via AIM to C5TEK Send a message via Yahoo to C5TEK

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Well correct me if I'm wrong but that delrin tip in the shroud is there as a guide for the barrel itself. That way when the barrel is moving back and forth it doesn't cock in the o-ring bore and jam up.Plus if you remove it you'll probably wind up with terrible accuracy do to the barrel not always pointing straight away from the gun. Just my opinion though...Not a proven fact
Last edited by Drum : Today at 07:41 AM. Reason: Because "sexy" lamps are for HOMO decorators...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
That was back when I thought the crusade against stupidity was actually a winable fight.I was wrong.And I gave up.
This sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear
reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

My MCB Feedback
C5TEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5TEK View Post
Well correct me if I'm wrong but that delrin tip in the shroud is there as a guide for the barrel itself. That way when the barrel is moving back and forth it doesn't cock in the o-ring bore and jam up.Plus if you remove it you'll probably wind up with terrible accuracy do to the barrel not always pointing straight away from the gun. Just my opinion though...Not a proven fact
That's what I was wondering...since some of the Supers have exposed barrels, I was wondering if I could just do the same thing.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well, I went ahead and did it.

I figured that if the barrel still has play with the delrin support at the end of the barrel (it did) it would have less play with said support in the center of the barrel (less range of motion becuase of the lesser angle.) It seems to work beautifully. What I did was remove the shroud, pull back the form, cut about 1/2" behind where the foam ended, then replaced the delrin cap.

Voila. It worked. (So far ) Obviously, will need a bit more polishing, but I've got to go to bed sometime.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

That's fine, I have a few barrels with the 'stubby' shrouds and have never had a problem with them. Other than the fact you better not whack the tip of the barrel on anything :-)

Avery
amcfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
1.21 gigawatts!

Send a message via AIM to C5TEK Send a message via Yahoo to C5TEK

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Thats just fine....you just can't take out that delrin tip thats all. You can shorten it a bit and it will be ok. You could stick a small hula dancer on the end of the barrel so everytime you shoot the hula dancer dances....
Last edited by Drum : Today at 07:41 AM. Reason: Because "sexy" lamps are for HOMO decorators...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
That was back when I thought the crusade against stupidity was actually a winable fight.I was wrong.And I gave up.
This sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear
reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

My MCB Feedback
C5TEK is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AirStar Nova