mcarterbrown.com  

AirStar Nova For Airstar/PGI/WarMachine Paintball guns. Nova's and all related markers.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
No Va

Soaked the Nova

I bought a Nova 700 in 2003. It worked great for about 1 season in the league I was in.

Being the stupid highschool kid that I was, I cleaned the Nova by filling up my bathtub with water and letting her soak a bit. I read somewhere that this was an acceptable means of cleaning the super nova.

Anyhow, I must have taken the marker apart 20 times and brought it to 5 different shops back in 2004. I recently found the marker and am obsessed with trying to fix it.

Who can help? when I air up the marker, it flows though the lines and seems to rush out of the barrell. I guess I should start with replacing the orings. Does anybody have an extra set?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Rob
robman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
1.21 gigawatts!

Send a message via AIM to C5TEK Send a message via Yahoo to C5TEK

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Most likely your spool is stuck open... Or you have a bad o-ring on it... If you have air coming out the barrel. Could also be barrel o-rings if it is a slower leak.
Last edited by Drum : Today at 07:41 AM. Reason: Because "sexy" lamps are for HOMO decorators...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
That was back when I thought the crusade against stupidity was actually a winable fight.I was wrong.And I gave up.
This sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear
reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

My MCB Feedback
C5TEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Va

ok gang

Alright,

I have the marker totally in pieces. I have a few quick questions that I cant find answers to.

1) When I disassembled the Reg, I have a phillips head screw going into the top. It doesnt appear to be long enought to hold anything in place. It is also not on the breakdown pdf that I have been using.

Any clue if it is needed, or what it does?

2)I removed the spool and the Reg. Is it possible to remove the spool housing and would it be beneficial to take it out in order to clean the marker?

3) The golden screw inside the reg that has a channel though it. I took it out with a flathead, i noticed that there is a black plastic shroud above the threads, just below the head. Is it important to try to replace this shroud if it appears knicked?

I am going to try to locate orings tomorrow in order to replace each one. Is there anything else I need to do while i have the marker completely broken down??

Thanks for your help,

ROb
robman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
1.21 gigawatts!

Send a message via AIM to C5TEK Send a message via Yahoo to C5TEK

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Pictures would be helpful... But it sounds like some of the stuff you have there do not belong I have posted pictures of a complete teardown here somewhere...
Last edited by Drum : Today at 07:41 AM. Reason: Because "sexy" lamps are for HOMO decorators...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
That was back when I thought the crusade against stupidity was actually a winable fight.I was wrong.And I gave up.
This sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear
reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

My MCB Feedback
C5TEK is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AirStar Nova