mcarterbrown.com  

AirStar Nova For Airstar/PGI/WarMachine Paintball guns. Nova's and all related markers.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

SuperNova trigger guide?

Is there one? From what I can gather, the SuperNova trigger (non-ET) is different.

It has a screw in it, but the screw doesn't seem to do anything. Then there is a small set screw behind the trigger. What does this do?
Slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
mag shooter

see you broke it you should sell it to me. haha

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
bsm
MCB Member

This link should help.http://http://www.zdspb.com/tech/nova/index.html The trigger set screw holds the trigger rod in the trigger.
Check the nova parts diagram for a better view. The triggers on the nova and super are the same setup.
The safety is held in by a ball and spring that go in from the front of the trigger frame under the trigger guard. The safeties on novas are designed to hold the trigger back, not front.
The set screw behind the trigger holds the trigger valve in. CAUTION there should be 2 set screws stacked on top of each other in this hole you must remove both to get the valve out.

Last edited by bsm; 02-12-2012 at 09:24 PM.
bsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

I definitely don't have two set screws stacked on top of each other in the small hole behind the trigger.

How does the screw in the trigger hold the trigger rod in the trigger. I just seems like a stop screw, like on an Ego. Is it diagonal, or horizontal? Because the diagram I found for a Nova 700 shows it going in to the screw diagonally, but the one on my SuperNova is horizontal. I can screw the set screw through the trigger if I were to pull the trigger out.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
bsm
MCB Member

The horizontal hole is the trigger stop the diagonal one is to attach the trigger to the trigger rod. The trigger rod is what actually pushes the valve pin.Is your trigger rod in there? If you go to the nova tech page at the link it has a pretty good description on how the trigger assy. works.

I checked mine and found one with a trigger that has a trigger stop like you describe. If you look at the screw hole in the front of your trigger is there one screw going straight back and one screw going diagonal ? You'll have to screw the horizontal one in past the hole to see the diagonal one.
There were a lot of variations in the novas/ supernovas.

Last edited by bsm; 02-13-2012 at 07:00 AM.
bsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Found it.

Okay, slid the the trigger more forward. Safety doesn't work, but the gun fires again. Yay me.

Is it suppose to have this much side to side play?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AirStar Nova