- AirStar Nova
- - Nova 700 unleashed
|tjd10684 ||05-11-2012 09:47 PM |
Nova 700 unleashed
So I am brining my old nemesis to the field tomorrow. My nova has been setting apart setting in bags in a bucket since ~2006 it has never ever worked on the field for more than half a day. but this past winter I decided to start up the rivalry again. cleaned and lubed the entire marker replaced all the orings replaced the clippard trigger valve. I also made a vented trigger plunger so that when the air exhausts out from the clippard valve it has somewhere to go. tore the guts out of the creeping reg so that i could run a more consistent max-flow reg without impeding the internal flow. I checked all of the parts for fit and finish I even made a new ported aluminum barrel to replace the overly polished brass one. I also made a new collet type of spring tension adjuster with marks on the barrel every 0.005". Then I was able to use the air compressor to adjust the timing of the barrel so that their is no blow back. I have done absolutely everything that I can do aside from make a completely new gun. So its going to the field tomorrow and we will see if all that work was worth it or if it goes back into the bucket. Wish me luck.
|Acidpaintball ||05-11-2012 09:51 PM |
I miss shooting my nova at the field. It got much attention at the field I appear at.
|DAVID(GEN) ||05-11-2012 09:51 PM |
I had a nova 700 once, never really played with it. But given the chance I might buy another the mess around with.
|tjd10684 ||05-12-2012 05:28 PM |
It worked!!!! sure it had a few chops but hey its an old gun chops happen. but the good thing is it never completely went down. I played with it for 3 games and that was good enough I did not want to push my luck. Still a success in my eyes it a couple hundred balls and eliminated 5-6 i think so I win nemesis vanquished now maybe it can learn to love me now that it knows it cant win.
|Ashton S ||06-25-2012 11:39 PM |
That is great that you got it working, it would be great to own a Nova 700
|tjd10684 ||07-21-2012 12:50 AM |
battle was not won. even with the max flow reg and the giant hoses the recharge rate was limiting the rof to 1bps max. thats up from 0.5 bps last week. I was not able to find the parts for the internal reg so I made my own. turns out though the reg threads were too small to let the poppet move freely. So again I modified the reg housing. they were 5/16-18 I drilled it out to 3/8-16. Then bought some brass bolts and modified it into a poppet base. now it works. now if only it did not chop so much. I plan on modifying the breach to accept tippmann style detents to keep the ball in place.
Be careful of the air passages to the barrel when you cut for the detents. Round detents like the Darkstars use work, and will probably be easier.
I've also made a collar to prevent rollback that helps but I need a better delrin glue to keep it in place.
|superman ||07-21-2012 12:15 PM |
if you screw it up i want your spool and spool cap
|tjd10684 ||07-21-2012 09:44 PM |
no worries guys. Its not like I am going to do this with a dremmel or something. I'll stick it in the mill and make sure that I will not hit any passages. Actually before I even do that I will make models of the original parts in solidworks to make sure they are going to fit correctly.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC