mcarterbrown.com  

AirStar Nova For Airstar/PGI/WarMachine Paintball guns. Nova's and all related markers.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Nova 700 repair?

Long story as this gun has a bit of personal history...

When I 1st started playing, I wanted a gun that nobody else had. So for my 1st gun, I bought 1 brand spanking new at the age of 13 (of course without telling my parents (friend's parents FTW!!!)) Like most of these guys, it gave me a few problems and I made many trips to the local shop to keep it fixed. Well, I broke down and bought a 98 because I wanted a more reliable gun and put this one up in the attic.

Flash forward a couple years later and I got the girl I was dating and her brothers into playing. I loaned the nova to her oldest brother so he could play with something other than a spyder knockoff. In college, we broke up, but her brother and I remained friends and still played regularly. On his highschool graduation night, he drank too much and died from alcohol poisoning. I figured I would wait a couple weeks for the family to mourn before I asked for my gun and a few other things back.

I learned that his mom decided to sell off most his things at a garage sale the weekend before and of course had no idea who purchased it ...

Flash forward years later... I see a nova on craigslist. It's serial number is a match! I contact the seller and set up a meet with him. I show up and he doesn't... after calling him numerous times, he finally picks up and tells me he sold it to someone else because they could meet an hr earlier and he really needed the money... I asked for the buyer's info and when he gave it to me, I was beyond excited because it was a member of my then paintball team! A quick call to him and I learn the seller didn't show up to meet him either... I try the seller a few more times and then that number becomes disconnected...

Flash forward to last year: Found the buyer. He is on my current team and had the gun in storage for years. He gave it to another member of my team for helping him move to his new house. I told that team member the story you may or may not be reading and for a very reasonable price sold it to me.

I took a look at it and couldn't fix it. Took it to the shop and he couldn't fix it either... I really want this guy up and working. I know I won't use it every weekend, but it would be cool to have my 1st gun up and working again.

Does anyone offer a repair service? I have no idea what is wrong with this thing, what parts it needs or really much of anything... I just want it too work.
Wakewarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Not sure if anyone officially services Novas anymore. What's going on with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Not sure if anyone officially services Novas anymore. What's going on with it?
we need to find someone because i have several that i want to get working.

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderated

Didn't the guy at scenario dreams build a custom marker that was (visually) similar to the nova? He might be a resource for orings and bits, depending on how closely he followed the design...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage View Post
Equipment doesn't = Douchebaggery
My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Orings aren't much of a problem. I think they're documented and you can always ping c5tek on here who previously had sets put together.

I think they refuse to work on paintball guns anymore but the warmachine folks are still around. They just do tshirt guns now. TSHIRTGUN.com - Air Cannons, T-Shirt Launchers, and Promotional Event Sponsorship Items

Other than the fact that they're a bit odd to most and have a lot of seals, the guns aren't really that complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Here are oring kits for it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=251298922778
Dysturbed87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

So funnily enough, one of the original head techs for Airstar/PGI frequents our store. He was kind enough to sit down with us and share a fair bit of his knowledge on novas and PGI mayhems. Replacement parts are hard to come by aside from orings of course, but we would definitely be willing to take a look. Email us at info@gearheadzpaintball.com and we can talk details.

GHPBOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
mag shooter

hmm interesting. i have a couple that need some weird orings.like the one that goes on the actual 3way in the dark star frames. if any one knows what that one is. im also looking for internals for the supernova vert bodies, and some other stuff if people have parts and pieces laying around.

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
a description of the problem might be helpful,, just saying

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AirStar Nova