mcarterbrown.com  

AirStar Nova For Airstar/PGI/WarMachine Paintball guns. Nova's and all related markers.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Nova cycling problem

When I fire my nova, the barrel will occasionally refuse to return fully to the forward position and prevent balls from feeding properly. I've tried cleaning and oiling it, but the improvement seems only temporary.

Could there be some sort of gunk inside the barrel housing that I'm not getting out with just a good dousing, or might it be something else?

I'd like to open it up and check it out, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to go about it.

Thanks
CB103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
bsm
MCB Member

Sounds like you may have a spring problem. The spring is located under the barrel shroud. To remove the shroud remove the three small screw that hold the shroud to the barrel retainer(the larger part that has the 3 pins) they may be under the foam grip. If your spring has a collar with 3 set screws you can adjust the tension by moving the collar. BE VERY CAREFUL tightening the collar screws its easy to dent the barrel if you over tighten the screws. Also nova barrels like lots of lube on the o-rings at the back of the barrel. Here's a link with nova breakdowns and more info.ZDS Paintball - Marker Tech - AirStar Nova
bsm is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AirStar Nova