mcarterbrown.com  

AirStar Nova For Airstar/PGI/WarMachine Paintball guns. Nova's and all related markers.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to SN toter

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
darkstar And SN questions...

Been wanting one and I know they are virtually impossible to find but I had a couple questions...

Who made it? How many did they make? Are there any Can I trade you my kidney for one?

And for a quick SN question...is there anyway short of buying an ET that you can mount an electronic frame to a nova?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
Shoot a PM over to "bsm", he has a boatload of Novas and everyone of it's decendents, including the Darkstar. He should have some answers for you...

bsm, or "Pappy" as our crew calls him, with his Darkstar at Castle Conquest XXI (Spring 2006)
Old 01-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

There was a Darkstar at Castle? And I missed it!

The name escapes me now.... Section 8 paintball, perhaps? I have no idea how many were made, but styles varied. They did conversions and sold new ones. My favorite (neatest) was the Nova 700 conversion. They used the back of the tube as the reg housing and a MASSIVE piston actually moved within it. Only saw one that style (of course I've only ever seen ~5 Darkstars, most I worked on but were not mine). Mine is external reg SN style.

Another neat addition was a spring loaded detent in the breach to prevent double feeding.

No, it will take more than a kidney to get mine :-) I had to sell my ET to get it.

Avery
amcfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcfall View Post
There was a Darkstar at Castle? And I missed it!
We'll be there again this Spring attacking! Our crew is kinda hard to miss, half of us are wearing red/black Crimson Reign jerseys, or the Amish Mafia Cow-Moo-Flage Pappy is seen wearing above...

Section 8 sounds right, but that's about the extent of my knowledge. Pappy's Darkstar had some issues that were worked out during my first Castle experience (Fall '01) by someone ("Tiny?") from Section 8. I was unaware of the different versions of the gun...

Last edited by AGDRetro; 01-23-2007 at 09:11 AM.
AGDRetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to SN toter

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
thanks for the info guys! I'll be at castle this year so hopefully I can take a peek at these bad boys. I'm going to bring a trusty 700 I think
Old 01-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post
Section 8 sounds right, but that's about the extent of my knowledge. Pappy's Darkstar had some issues that were worked out during my first Castle experience (Fall '01) by someone ("Tiny?") from Section 8. I was unaware of the different versions of the gun...
Yup, that's it. Tiny and section 8.

The Novas had tons of little changes. I've seen at least 3 different revisions of the spool, and other little things. makes fixing them a ^&%^% when you cna't just swap parts.

Avery
amcfall is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AirStar Nova

« WM Markers... | OGD »