mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
Are they hard on paint? I'm trying to find a fault because so far it sounds like the best marker ever made.
Some might say that they're a bit heavy, but custom milling largely fixes that.

Some might say that they're a bit big, but the Evil M fixed that.

Some might say they're a bit expensive, but they hold their resale value fairly well.

Some might say they're not much of a "looker," but custom milling and anno gives you your own individual marker.

Some might say it would be amazing to see what AKA could have come up with if they were still in the electronic marker market. I tend to agree with them.

If you want a marker that can compete with the electrics of today, but stand out a Viking is definitely one that should be on your list. Don't get me wrong--there are certainly more on the list. But it deserves to be on that list IMO.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
It looks like I'm going to be receiving my first AKA in the mail in a little while. I'm trading my phantom package for a bone stock '04 viking. I can't wait to try this one out.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Sadist

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Sounds like a good trade to me. Enjoy your new to you AKA goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
lube the shaft and warm the o-ring up in your hand by rubbing it back and forth between hands. then it should go on easier.
TheePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
You won't be disappointed even with a 'bone stock' 04 Viking.

I believe the 04's are the BEST electro ever ever made. If you can save up and have an FSP cut done by Jared at DC then you will drop all that extra weight. I have 2 FSP cut 04's myself and they shoot very consistent, they are very good on paint, you can get a case off of a 68/4500, and they can be as fast as you want with the new Tadao Ebisu board (also has all the new touney settings if you like that kind of stuff). Also they are SUPER reliable. All you do is put some oil through the ASA and I like to lube the delrin bolt with Tri Flow (no swelling and it lasts longer than oil hence less drag and scrape in the chamber).

These guns are so very customizable and the best way for me to describe them is that to me, they feel 'just right'. They always seem to come up on target perfectly and let me tell you, they don't feel like a flimsy piece of crap. You can run a 45/4500 on there and get at least 1k shots off of it sending you to the fill station only 2 times per case. That makes a tight and light package.

I LOVE THE VIKINGS!!! Look:

PeterZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
I AM THE HYPE!!!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan

I want that frame.....you mayhaps take a kidney, bunch of cash and a soul?

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.
Tek2974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
AHAHA... yeah Im in search of another myself. I kick myself literally, EVERY SINGLE DAY as I had a chance to get another and didn't do it because I wasn't sure if Id like it. What an idiot I am. In any case Im always looking for one. Ill find it... I promise you.

I will tell you that if you have big hands like me... that frame is the must buttery I've ever held. SOLID too...
Old 01-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
Some might say that they're a bit heavy, but custom milling largely fixes that.

Some might say that they're a bit big, but the Evil M fixed that.

Some might say they're a bit expensive, but they hold their resale value fairly well.

Some might say they're not much of a "looker," but custom milling and anno gives you your own individual marker.

Some might say it would be amazing to see what AKA could have come up with if they were still in the electronic marker market. I tend to agree with them.

If you want a marker that can compete with the electrics of today, but stand out a Viking is definitely one that should be on your list. Don't get me wrong--there are certainly more on the list. But it deserves to be on that list IMO.
Some might say that smart parts was a great company too.

Some are f*ckin a**holes. Hahaha, AKA owners are definitely a family. I sincerely believe that these represent the best in marker tech, ever. I don't care about anything out there right now. I have fired them all... GO AKA.

Damn Im so psyched i may just go buy another viking dammit.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
What kind of oil in the asa?
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Angry Norwegian

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
AKA extreme oil..
But triflow should work just fine.

Seing that FBM-framed viking makes me want to buy another viking

04 JMJ Factory Team Viking | 03 UL'ed FSP Viking | MiniHalfblockMQ-cocker | Freeflow MQ cocker | Warped Sportz Dark Ego 6

.:My Feedback:.

Need Ego 7 or 8 solenoids? I have 8x left!
R-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
AKA extreme lube is fine. I just use Tri Flow on the bolt only. Honestly, I don't think Gold Cup would be a bad choice either.

To be honest, I think its important to just keep any marker lubed let alone your very special Viking. Orings and seals tend to crap out unless they are lubed up so I like to run air and lube through my guns about once a month if not being used. Keep the bolt clean and lubed and with a Viking you should have a perfect gun forever!

The FBM frame is really special BUT the second Viking there will be getting an Ultralite frame next week. AKA god Jared from DC will be doing the install for me, bless his soul! lol

Then my quest will be complete... ALTHOUGH I've been thinking of buying a viking body from AKA. hehehe, this never ends dammit!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA