mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
He's banned on here, but I'll keep that comment to myself.
And PBN, and probably another place or two.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterZ View Post
I can't sit through all of this. Ive said it before that in my honest opinion I haven't seen a marker built better than the AKA Viking or Excalibur. Frankly, there are too many good points to go over about these markers but the most important one that seems to eclipse all others is the instantaneous feeling of quality in your hands. You know what you are getting is solid american made perfection... almost feels like a "real gun".

In these days of the President talking about American jobs and manufacturing and how we can still be better than the rest its shocking anyone would choose a china made hunk of junk over an AKA product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpeople View Post
Anyone see the impending value drop on all our aka markers? Thanks gerglmuff.. Explain to me again how the sandridge is better than the Excalibur?
I was thinking this as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy Ever View Post
Yeah, you can take it up with cockerpunk, here and on Tech PB, since that is who we are talking about. And as said, good luck in getting him to have a clue, since he is always right, no matter that others can't replicate the same results as him, time and time again.

I had a few choice words about his Revenge V3 video, but I am not sure that I am going to waste my time with him.
Battle Royale
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
He's banned on here, but I'll keep that comment to myself.
For what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lechooch View Post
To sig or not to sig...
Sig, I've never been a sig before!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
I somehow made it through one or two of those and they're pretty inaccurate and lacking IMHO. They're just a personal opinion on a single gun he picked up second hand. If you want real history ask the people that were actually there.
Which is why I started this getting info from the sources:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...w-project.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
And PBN, and probably another place or two.
I think he can only get on automags online and everyoneis12pb (techpb)

Here is the basic chain of events:

(cockerpunk preaching blaspemy) (chopper duke rolls eyes at site of name) (every knowledgable person) (every twelve year old kid attending techpb) (towards the end of the video responses)

(no mercy responds)

(MCB response)

(12 year old response)
weerez935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I figured what the hell. I don't have much else better to do, than to continue to call Gordon a moron. I'm going after the V3 video now as well, LOL.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Bravo
weerez935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
He is a joke...a bad joke...that is horrid! Most of his facts are wrong!

I have owned 5 Vikings, loved all of them.

Newer guns have caught up...only took 10 years!
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:25 AM   #36 (permalink)

i got 7 pods out of 2000 psi from my 68/4500. with full 4500 psi, i should be getting 1995 balls. that sets up the var pretty high. vice is advertised to get 1800+ shots and thats the only electropneumatic gun that will come close to a viking in 2008-2009. i have heard g6rs get incredible accuracy but the number varies from ppl to ppl.

as an engineer, he said tolerances didn't matter as long as you have tight o-rings.....wtf

what a joke, seriously.

Last edited by bluesboyk3; 02-09-2012 at 04:32 AM.
bluesboyk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #37 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesboyk3 View Post

as an engineer, he said tolerances didn't matter as long as you have tight o-rings
1. He is not an engineer; he only plays on on youtube
2. If tolerances don't matter then why do the best companies pay such close attention to tight and consistent tolerances (AKA and Palmer regs for example)

I was using cockers in 01-03ish and the AKA markers were the only markers that were as efficient and consistent at the time

In those days few companies cared about efficiency and consistency; they were all trying to increase ROF; it was like the paintball arms race

Even now ROF has come up but these other attributes are still lagging behind

I am new to owning a Viking; only because in those days I could not afford one. The only thing I don't like about the AKA markers is that they have not lost enough value. Someone please call me when your viking or excal drops in value, I am looking for another one.
dqsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqsantos View Post
1. He is not an engineer; he only plays on on youtube
2. If tolerances don't matter then why do the best companies pay such close attention to tight and consistent tolerances (AKA and Palmer regs for example)

I was using cockers in 01-03ish and the AKA markers were the only markers that were as efficient and consistent at the time

In those days few companies cared about efficiency and consistency; they were all trying to increase ROF; it was like the paintball arms race

Even now ROF has come up but these other attributes are still lagging behind

I am new to owning a Viking; only because in those days I could not afford one. The only thing I don't like about the AKA markers is that they have not lost enough value. Someone please call me when your viking or excal drops in value, I am looking for another one.
LOL, and on TechPB
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesboyk3 View Post
i got 7 pods out of 2000 psi from my 68/4500. with full 4500 psi, i should be getting 1995 balls. that sets up the var pretty high. vice is advertised to get 1800+ shots and thats the only electropneumatic gun that will come close to a viking in 2008-2009. i have heard g6rs get incredible accuracy but the number varies from ppl to ppl.

as an engineer, he said tolerances didn't matter as long as you have tight o-rings.....wtf

what a joke, seriously.
that part is what really made me laugh... the other part that got me was the proclamation that he used grease in his ram on that viking.
mostpeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
thought i cross posted this here.. here is my synopsis of his "review"

Quote:
as far as my critique of his video (which i really cant believe im watching. as i ****ing hate the guy)

hes right about the design, but i wouldnt dare use intimidator when comparing it. but it wasnt intended to be a mid level gun, cause they were only about 200 dollars cheaper than an excal, since when has 1000 been mid level?

he doesnt know what he is talking about with javelins

ive opened enough rams to know first hand that grease isnt used in the original assembly, now if HIS needs grease, well thats cause his o-rings are worn. comparing one gun to all of them is stupid.. but thats what he does.. which furthers why i think hes an *******

the comment about tolerances.. oh where to begin..
#1 tighter tolerances make thing more expensive to produce. yup, why do you think they were selling vikings and excals for 1000-1200 dollars?
#2 why would you need tight tolerances if there's an o-ring? he as an engineer should know this one, because nothing on the gun is pipe threaded, therefore its not gonna seal itself naturally
#3 tolerances don't mean what you think they do, to you, the consumer. i hate being talked down to, which is the primary reason why i hate Gordon, because from his original days on this site he has acted like he has known everything,
he must be lightheaded most of the time from his ego displacing all the oxygen in whatever room he happens to be in

people do get a case off a 68, ive seen it, ive done it, just because you've never seen a shark doesn't mean hes not there

he really needs to do some ****ing research before he opens his mouth.. oh, wait, that would make me respect him on some level..

i truly hope no-one sends him an excal, just on the principal of the fact hes ill-informed and people seem to listen to what he says because they dont know any better

i have never wanted to do a reply video before until now, maybe ill do one this weekend, and ill keep the uhhhhh's to a minimum
in case you cant tell. i really dont like him

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback

Last edited by Tracker; 02-12-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA