mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   AKA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/)
-   -   opinions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/188251-opinions.html)

weerez935 01-13-2012 01:29 PM

opinions

So I came across this video.

Before I get thrown out of the AKA section, I do watch the old school guns tour not because I agree with everything said, but I the history lessons.

any way what do you guys think:
gerglmuff's Channel - YouTube

skinnyfatguy 01-13-2012 03:52 PM

Check the O/T thread in the AKA section of PBN; there's quite a few comments there. I watched that and the V3 Revenge one last night and it was rather painful how much of the history he mentioned was wrong. Also, it sounds like he's using grease in his (at least on the ram), and I'd guess he has no clue how to properly set it up. I imagine if he sent it of to DC for a tune up and redid the review he would have a different opinion. Having a gun properly tuned can make a huge difference in how it shoots, and people who don't know how to clean their guns but do it themselves anyway tend to be the ones who complain about them.

weerez935 01-13-2012 04:37 PM

Will do.

I'd have to agree that to an extent I pretty much disliked or disagreed with everything but ergonomics, and honestly my viking is pretty comfy.

Can you explain the history that was wrong?
I always trust MCB for the correct info lol

chopper duke 01-13-2012 06:09 PM

I couldn't sit through either video. Sorry.

weerez935 01-13-2012 06:12 PM

I know how you feel.

I was like grinding my teeth.
Whats weird is he spoke highly of them previously

i_luv_strats 01-13-2012 08:19 PM

Although he has a lot of correct info, he's lacks quite a bit. I'm not even going to waste my time watching it.

No Mercy Ever 01-17-2012 02:39 PM

I am a bit more limited in my AKA experience, but just to give you some thoughts, from what I know, and watching the video:

1) Not a full mill Viking, it is a 2002/2003 JMJ Swirlmill Featherlight mill job.
2) Not a mid range marker, they were only slightly less than Excals, but faster and a bit more air efficient (Only one solenoid, not two).
3) LOL, based off of an Autococker? Only in that it was closed bolt. It was actually more similar to the old Shockers, AKA the Shoebox Shockers, which predate the marker by a couple of years.
3a) The Autococker fell out of favor in 2001ish? LOL, I thought that they started falling out of favor in more like 2004-2005 or so?
4) I can honestly say that I have not heard anyone say anything about how the AKA Vikings are better all around than modern markers. Other than the tolerances. But I can say that I, and others, have said that they are ahead of their time for the performance. It took until say around 2007 or so for there to be modern poppet markers to hit the 2000 shot count off of a 68/4500 tank, whereas the Vikings were getting that back in 2002 when they were introduced.
5) LOL, he says early on that it is a full mill, but then, around 7:00, he says that he does not know what the milling is.
6) At around 9:20, he refers to the Viking in his hands as unmilled, LOL.
7) At around 10:00, he talks about how the ergonomics aren't there anymore, and mentions that other markers have caught up and surpassed the AKA Viking, most likely in terms of ease of use and performance, but...

That was horrid in that he had only a partial idea of what he was talking about, as others said. I can understand that he says that AKA guys aren't going to like the video, because he claims that "we" think that they are the greatest thing this side of sliced bread and butter. But I think that most of the AKA guys aren't going to like his video because he just only knows a part of things, not even taking the time to educate himself.

doom-king 01-17-2012 03:09 PM

do you have a youtube account? If so you should post that in reply.

on second thought that might be a bad idea.

TheePsycho 01-17-2012 03:58 PM

Not worth adding fuel to the fire.

No Mercy Ever 01-17-2012 06:21 PM

I do have an account, and I have been trying to post a modified reply (Like replacing the "he" with "you"), but my internet connection is a bit wonky with the weather.