mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   AKA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/)
-   -   might pick up a cheap 04 vik, who does milling still (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/194266-might-pick-up-cheap-04-vik-who-does-milling-still.html)

Tbaggin 03-02-2012 11:18 PM

might pick up a cheap 04 vik, who does milling still

I am able to get my hands on a nicely internal Upgraded 04 vik for 250 bucks.

I reallyu want a tarantula, but he is not milling. who else does nice milling on these

xero28 03-02-2012 11:55 PM

Destructivecustoms.com does milling. I don't knowing they are taking work right now, but drop Jared an email. I picked up an '04 for about the same price about a year ago and sent it to Tarantula because he started milling again. Soon after he stopped again. It's still with Marc. I keep in touch with him every once in a while to see of there is any progress. Hopefully soon. Oh well, for the 3-4 times I play per year I guess I'll just have to use my Evil-Ehm. :rolleyes:

custar 03-23-2012 06:52 PM

Is there enough interest in milling to support anyone else doing the milling? That is, are there enough unmilled Vikings and Excaliburs to justify someone else setting up coding, etc. for these markers?

custar

rawbutter 03-23-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custar (Post 2271920)
Is there enough interest in milling to support anyone else doing the milling? That is, are there enough unmilled Vikings and Excaliburs to justify someone else setting up coding, etc. for these markers?

custar

Are you volunteering?

I don't know if there really is enough interest. Maybe email Jared at DC to see how many he typically gets in a year.

The biggest issue is that it's just so darn expensive. It's not like just getting your marker anno'ed. To start, finding a Viking or Excal for under $400 can be tough, and then milling usually costs $250-$350. After that, you have to get the marker anno'ed again, of course, and that can easily run you another $100, so when it's all said and done, getting a nice, milled AKA gun can run you $800+.

Most people just can't justify that kind of expense. For that much money, there are a LOT of newer/cheaper options. I know they're not at good as AKA guns, but they're pretty darn close.

custar 03-23-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawbutter (Post 2271942)
Are you volunteering?

No, just wondering.

TurdBurgler 03-27-2012 01:14 PM

I wish it were cheaper to get them milled, I have an arsenal of unmilled aka markers.

*Self_DeFenCe* 04-03-2012 01:12 PM

MorueM is doing milling

Tbaggin 04-03-2012 02:17 PM

sorry guys, my coiusing ended up buying it, and a steal at that.

alkafluence 04-03-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Self_DeFenCe* (Post 2287297)
MorueM is doing milling

Not to my knowledge. I know he did up that Ehm, but the rest of it was still just in the "test phase."

MorueM 04-04-2012 12:23 AM

Ahah, I think he said that in a general way. I do milling everyday, 8 to 5, pretty much, lol.
I did 5 of the EMM bodies, all different, and did/still doing parts, but it could be said those are more turning than milling. And I think I do have something interesting in development "lately"..