mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   AKA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/)
-   -   AKA Autococker body? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/194613-aka-autococker-body.html)

ooeighty8oo 03-05-2012 09:06 PM

AKA Autococker body?

I'm in the process of making a deal to purchase this and was wondering if any of you knowledgable pros can tell me if this body was indeed milled by AKA. If so can you tell me what milling type or body style it happens to be? The previous owner says there are no id tags on the body at all other than the AKALMP on the frontblock. All I know is the body is a rf pre 2k.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...o/AKAright.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...hty8oo/AKA.jpg

Bartman 03-05-2012 11:21 PM

Looks to me like its just a pr 2 k WGP body with custom milling, , that has a VLM front block on it from AKA, it may also have aka Internals but who knows.

Bart

pinkanese 03-05-2012 11:38 PM

As far as I know, AKA only ever did vert feed bodies. So are you keeping this one? lao not an AKA bolt, or cocking rod.

skinnyfatguy 03-05-2012 11:59 PM

The only RF Cockers AKA ever made were Black Widows. That does have an AKA front block, p-block, beaver tail, and cocking rod, but I doubt it was milled by them.

Bartman 03-06-2012 11:48 AM

yea and teh black widow cockers started off as WGP bodies

Bart

ryanhall41 03-15-2012 10:59 PM

aka made the "vertical loading marker" (VLM) because WGP said that they would never make anything but RF markers at the time. they could not call them cockers because they were not using WGP blanks and therefor would be infringing the wgp patents.

now with that said. I dont think that WGP would make a RF gun because the whole reason that they started making autocockers was to offer something to autococker owners that was vert feed. after they started to catch on people realized the craftmen ship that AKA had and then the made the black widow cocker as said above. the gun that is in the picture has an aka backblock and frontblock but the milling on the bottom of the body and does not match the bottom of the backblock and knowing the history I dont think that this is a real aka. is there a serial # on the bottom of the bottom tube and right behind the frontblock?

mostpeople 03-17-2012 03:12 PM

I thought WGP made vert feeds, but they said they wouldn't sell them to anyone else to make markers with, because they wanted the revenue from all the sales..

MorueM 03-17-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostpeople (Post 2261313)
I thought WGP made vert feeds, but they said they wouldn't sell them to anyone else to make markers with, because they wanted the revenue from all the sales..

I think BobLong had some exclusivity on vertical feed bodies somewhere in time.

Bartman 03-17-2012 11:23 PM

I think it was because they wouldn't sell the vert bodies to out side companies, they wanted to keep them for there STO line.

Bart

baconquilt 03-19-2012 02:00 PM

ok, whats up guys. im the one who purchased this cocker because i wanted something with a classic look to it. im not a fan of the new electros being that they all look similar to me. other than color, there isnt much character to them it seems. you can say im old school somewhat. :old: anywho.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartman (Post 2243381)
Looks to me like its just a pr 2 k WGP body with custom milling, , that has a VLM front block on it from AKA, it may also have aka Internals but who knows.

Bart

when i got it, i took it apart and cleaned and re-lubed the lower internals. it looked like a stock valve to me. it did have a clipped green mainspring that needs to be replaced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyfatguy (Post 2243434)
The only RF Cockers AKA ever made were Black Widows. That does have an AKA front block, p-block, beaver tail, and cocking rod, but I doubt it was milled by them.

im curious who did the milling but not holding my breath about finding out. i wonder if it got cut down to mini-cocker size or if it was a mini to start out??? i dont know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhall41 (Post 2259174)
aka made the "vertical loading marker" (VLM) because WGP said that they would never make anything but RF markers at the time. they could not call them cockers because they were not using WGP blanks and therefor would be infringing the wgp patents.

now with that said. I dont think that WGP would make a RF gun because the whole reason that they started making autocockers was to offer something to autococker owners that was vert feed. after they started to catch on people realized the craftmen ship that AKA had and then the made the black widow cocker as said above. the gun that is in the picture has an aka backblock and frontblock but the milling on the bottom of the body and does not match the bottom of the backblock and knowing the history I dont think that this is a real aka. is there a serial # on the bottom of the bottom tube and right behind the frontblock?

no. it was possibly(but more than likely) milled away. i have not found any other markings on it, other than AKALMP down the side of the front block.

illl try to take some more pics