mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   AKA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/)
-   -   Evil M Frames... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/206962-evil-m-frames.html)

dm6rocker 06-30-2012 09:03 PM

Evil M Frames...

Hey folks. Question for all you Evil-M owners out there, or those who have knowledge of these things.

I'm having some troubles that I think may be related to the board in my Evil M, and I think it may be time to find a replacement. I see a lot of different frames being used with these, and I'm wondering...will just about any frame and board work for an M?

Mine uses an Infinity Legend frame and board. But, neither the board or gun is produced anymore, making spare parts very hard for me to find.

I did some digging and found the Elia frames, and would kill for one, but I think that's the same deal. My next guess would be a Star frame from an Etek. Think it will work? I still see them pop up here and there. I know it'd have to be milled and fitted, but it seems like a more viable option. From what I can gather, they use 2007/2008 boards, which I can find everywhere.

Any input would be much appreciated. I don't really mind if the frame doesn't match the body at this point; this thing has been such a headache for me but I REFUSE to let it beat me. I probably should have just sold it, but...well...I'm stubborn.

C_losjoker 06-30-2012 09:21 PM

Ellia frames were made for the evil frame using 06 ego boards. You can use just about any frame like the star or ultra light but you would need a tray. One to bolt it on flush and to have space for the noid. That is why most are using cyborg frame, very little milling needed to fit the noid and just widen one hole to bolt on

diesel_fireman2001 06-30-2012 09:49 PM

Acid Customs did a run of evil M frames. Mabyee he might be talked into doing another one.

aggroman 06-30-2012 10:11 PM

an 06 cyborg frame is the cheapest way to go I think, the new way Moruem mills them too makes it look like it was meant for the gun. Then you could use cyborg electronics and have a few more options.

Dono 06-30-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel_fireman2001 (Post 2396747)
Acid Customs did a run of evil M frames. Mabyee he might be talked into doing another one.

I feel like I read somewhere he'd make them for you, but at a huge price tag..

TheePsycho 06-30-2012 10:38 PM

Elia frame uses 07/08 Ego boards.

As far as the infinity legend frames other people have used those boards with no reported issues. I'm sure it would be possible to just fit a different board in your current frame. UTB or the Cyborg board is small as well. Eventually there will be another universal board as well. The blue fork t2 frame is very nice, but they are very hard to find. Some people use Ultralight frames with some modification. Other than that an older impulse frame might be wide enough to fit the solenoid.

C_losjoker 07-01-2012 01:22 AM

Speaking of impulse anyone tried a logic impulse frame?

MorueM 07-01-2012 01:47 AM

I would just try and find either a replacement for your board or fit another small board in there. As Thee said, Borg/Droid and UTB boards are pretty small, and there's other too. If you still have the one I think it is, would be sad for it to lose the matching frame.

TheePsycho 07-01-2012 10:22 AM

Thinking he has the green splash Evil-M?

Here is a Cyborg board.
http://www.virtuepaintball.com/index...categoryID=192

dm6rocker 07-01-2012 02:18 PM

Yep, the green/black/silver splash one is mine. I thought about picking up a T-board for it, but I'm not really sure I know what I'm doing when it comes to soldering them things in.

I'd really like to find an Elia frame for it. There's enough black accents on the gun that a black frame would actually look pretty good, so like I said...color match doesn't matter to me that much at this point. I'd rather have a properly working M than a pretty one that doesn't work right. The fact that it runs of Eclipse boards is a big plus for me, since I sort of know my way around them.

Anyone know if Elia paintball is still around even? I checked out his webside, but the only thing I found about the frames was on his blog from february of last year.