mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
Every Evil M is custom. Custom = big $$$

An Evil M is your gun. No one else's--it's yours and yours alone.
Which is why I want one SSOOOO bad..
Old 01-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Just to clarify, it was thought that AKA would be releasing an EvilM at one point but never did. The public knew about them and couldn't leave the idea alone. That's how they were born from what I understand. I don't know if the SP thing is what shut the EvilM down, or the fact that AKA didn't make a lot of profit off their guns, so the EvilM wasn't seen as viable.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Actually....the M was most likely the next version of the Viking...The reason they were not made is that the agreement was signed with SmartParts and they stopped producing guns...it had nothing to do with the profit of the vikings etc....There were 3 original unmilled prototypes made i believe(there may have been a few more, but i remember Dan telling me 3)...i have one at DC...I have used it a few times, then retired it...A bunch of Ehm bodies were sold off, so that is where the craze of building them came from...We have a bunch at DC, and some others had them...
fsrxc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Aren't Ehm bodies just Merlin extrusions? Or are they different? I thought those were out before the Evil M was being talked about.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sadist

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
The Ehms are made out of Merlin extrusion just with a whole lot of air passage ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
lube the shaft and warm the o-ring up in your hand by rubbing it back and forth between hands. then it should go on easier.
TheePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrxc1 View Post
Actually....the M was most likely the next version of the Viking...The reason they were not made is that the agreement was signed with SmartParts and they stopped producing guns...it had nothing to do with the profit of the vikings etc....There were 3 original unmilled prototypes made i believe(there may have been a few more, but i remember Dan telling me 3)...i have one at DC...I have used it a few times, then retired it...A bunch of Ehm bodies were sold off, so that is where the craze of building them came from...We have a bunch at DC, and some others had them...
Agree with this post...SP shut down a bunch of small companies with BS lawsuits. Most companies did not have the cash to fight a legal battle and signed "cease & desist orders". Angel actually won the lawsuit against SP.

The M was the next evolution.

A Viking will weigh a little more, but will shoot exactly the same as an Evil-M!

Why do people spend $2500 on a duck?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
That's what I thought. I remember seeing the Merlin extrusions out for sale before everyone started talking about the EvilMs. So I don't see how they could started the craze of people making EvilMs if they were for sale before the EvilM was ever conceived (atleast by the public). I thought it was when people realized that AKA wasn't gonna do it and that the Vikings parts could be made to work in the Merlin extrusions.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
That's what I thought. I remember seeing the Merlin extrusions out for sale before everyone started talking about the EvilMs. So I don't see how they could started the craze of people making EvilMs if they were for sale before the EvilM was ever conceived (atleast by the public). I thought it was when people realized that AKA wasn't gonna do it and that the Vikings parts could be made to work in the Merlin extrusions.
AKA came out with the 04 Viking in 2004...I am sure the Evil-M was in proto-type around this time frame.

fsrxc1...is very connected to DC....I am sure he or Jared/DC knows alot more on this subject.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
The Viking came out in late 2002 if I'm not mistaken, but the 04 did come out in 04. Not sure what that has to do with anything though. And I'm talking about the public. The public is who is making them now after all...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
arent u guys glad i made this thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA