mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   AKA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/)
-   -   Difference between Vikings and Evil Ehms (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/222820-difference-between-vikings-evil-ehms.html)

D3adpool 01-06-2013 03:28 PM

Difference between Vikings and Evil Ehms

So a little noob question here.

What is the big difference between a Viking and an Evil Ehm?

Other than price.

Not having any experience with either it looks like Ehms tend to use Viking frames but given my inexperienced eyes, I can't seem to figure out what the differences are other than the Ehms seem to be highly customized Vikings.

Please discuss.

(Hopefully this is the right section).

Darkapollo 01-06-2013 03:38 PM

Evil M = Stacked tube Viking
The M looks like an autococker with one tube above another
The Viking looks like an angel with 2 tubes side by side and one on top between them.

D3adpool 01-06-2013 04:12 PM

So the stacked tube makes it more expensive?

Someone mentioned milling. As in Ehms had/have more intricate milling (externally and internally).

Darkapollo 01-06-2013 04:57 PM

Everything is more compacted to fit in only 2 tubes.
The M comes as a body in white. Just a raw body with the air passages. You need to mill it yourself which adds a lot to the cost.

Jaccen 01-06-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkapollo (Post 2584155)
Everything is more compacted to fit in only 2 tubes.
The M comes as a body in white. Just a raw body with the air passages. You need to mill it yourself which adds a lot to the cost.

Every Evil M is custom. Custom = big $$$

An Evil M is your gun. No one else's--it's yours and yours alone.

D3adpool 01-06-2013 06:36 PM

So it's a highly customized Viking?

In a manner of speaking. Is that even fair to say?

C_losjoker 01-06-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3adpool (Post 2584284)
So it's a highly customized Viking?

In a manner of speaking. Is that even fair to say?

Yes and no. they share some parts, ram, hammer, valve. Lots lighter since stack tube. Most common frame used so far is a cyborg, but there have been ult, ellia custom, acid custom, bluefork. Lpr is custom for this marker done by destructive, though some have modded a cyborg lpr. And of course the milling of the body, I have not seen a project or completed one with the same milling. Ellia did do a smooth milling on a few I think, but each one had a little something different done to it. tarantula also did some bodies, maybe a handful or less.

D3adpool 01-06-2013 06:57 PM

And none of these guys are in business anymore, correct?

C_losjoker 01-06-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3adpool (Post 2584305)
And none of these guys are in business anymore, correct?

Ellia might not be around. Tarantula not taking work. Acid and destructive very much around. Aka is around but not making anything new, you can still get viking kits. Oh actually they did come out with some new cocker bodies, I think.

The ehms were actually going to be the next offered marker from aka, but it was killeby the suit from Smart parts.

TheePsycho 01-07-2013 09:03 AM

These bodies will not work with Viking frames at least not without having a tray made, since the solenoid sits down so far. Lufkon is about the only one right now that seems to be milling the bodies, maybe MeuroM if you ask nicely.