mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   AKA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/)
-   -   What to do with my excal (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/22739-what-do-my-excal.html)

Shocker2k 09-18-2007 01:41 PM

What to do with my excal

Well my girlfriend said that I cant buy any more guns just for the heck of it. She didnt say that I couldnt spend more money on the ones I currently have however ;). I would love to get it milled and annoed. But I dont want to spend a fortune. Its a halfmilled Excal, what do you guys think is the best looking milling for the lowest price. Budget milling if you will :). Weight isnt a big issue, I just want a nice looking gun thats different from the other Excals around me.

Nick

Eress Pnter 09-18-2007 01:46 PM

Careful with 'anno on a budget', if they screw up the tolerances ..........pain is endured.

Really the only place left to go is DC, JMJ is done. I am not sure there is anyone else out there with their CNC codes to do an excal in any other flavorings.

My fav millings are featherlight swirl, HL and streamline.

at this point the only 'new' custom would appear to be DC with the options beyond that, tray, fsp, etc and $o forth.

Shocker2k 09-18-2007 01:53 PM

Addendum: I ment milling on a budget, not anno :). Definatly will pay to have a good anno on the gun. If you have great milling and bad anno still makes the gun look bad.

Alright was wondering if DC was pretty much the only one doing the milling anymore. Im a big fan of the swirl, will have to email Jared when October comes around.

Nick

Eress Pnter 09-18-2007 01:55 PM

swirl=JMJ=gone

I am still looking for an unmolested stock swirl excal. The last one I found was FSP and reannoed, unfort.

Shocker2k 09-18-2007 02:04 PM

So it might be easier to try and sell my Excal then buy a fully milled Excal. Or I just make keep mine and get some Humphrey solinoids.

Nick

El Gringo 09-18-2007 02:08 PM

I think Tarantula might still do Excal milling

BigOldSkool 09-18-2007 02:59 PM

Wait.. you specifcally said girl friend....... Your not married to her!

Personally Id shoot DC an email about any milling to an AKA gun Ive seen two guns that they have worked on now and it does seem almost close to flawless..

knightmare96 09-18-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOldSkool (Post 213435)
Wait.. you specifcally said girl friend....... Your not married to her!

Bingo... didn't you have like a prenup. set up before you even asked her out? I was pretty sure you said something about her not getting in the way of paintball.

You could always do what Ken does, buy a gun, and say it is for her... that way you can borrow it anytime you want :)

Tracker 09-22-2007 10:55 AM

MGPB does milling, (i think) if not he has come really nice (at least to me) cnc codes for it

DC mills, and they are about to be putting out excals soon,

tarantula also does milling, but from what ive heard he is an absulote pain in the neck to get ahold of

careful with the phrase "milling on a budget"

you enter the good, cheap and fast trifecta

good and fast isnt cheap
fast and cheap isnt good
cheap and good isnt fast

Tracker

Shocker2k 09-24-2007 03:14 PM

Alright thanks for some other options. I dont care alot about speed, however I would prefer it not take 2 years for me to get my gun back :). Just gota see what options are out there. Might just get it annoed something cool. Havent completly decided yet.

Nick