mcarterbrown.com

Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Unhappy Leaving the sport, but want my gear to find a good home

Howdy guys and gals,

I haven't played paintball in years, and have finally decided to sell off my gear. I aspired to get an Excalibur since I saw the eye-less single trigger in the back of APG and wanted it even more after shooting one at the Pan-Am tournament at Camp Pendleton, CA around 2000 or so. I managed to find one and play with it once (what turned out to be the last time I'd play) before life got in the way...

It took me a long time to get this gun, and it has a lot of sentimental value to me. So, knowing that MCB folks are generally pretty cool, and the AKA community being a tight one, I wanted to make y'all aware of the sale so it doesn't end up hacked up or forgotten in a closet somewhere and eventually thrown out. Full disclosure: it developed an eye issue that I don't have the time or resources to solve, and has some minor wear here and there. It does come with a Javelin and an WSG/AKA bag. I can make a deal if you want my tank and loader with it as well.

Thanks to you all for answering questions and conveying a real sense of community. I mostly lurk and read, but it was appreciated none the less. And I guess farewell to paintball, at least for now. It was thrilling as a teenager, and fun as a person working in the industry, but was never quite the same after I returned home from combat in Iraq so I moved on to different things, and have new hobbies, new expenses, and maybe even engagement ring shopping to think about...

Please see the link in my signature, and I apologize if this kind of post is unwelcome. Please feel free to remove it if you must, I meant no harm.

Maybe I'll be back someday, but for now, via con dios.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA