mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Excalibur board problems

I have a WAS board in my Excalibur and it will not run the hammer solenoid valve what are my options. What replacement boards are there out there. Any ideas would help.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

If the WAS board has the 2.0 software it will only work in a Viking. I would suggest a Tadao M5 board (not the ebisu for an excal) or a Pandora board.

I would avoid getting an Ebisu board for an excal because quite a few people have run into trouble getting enough power to the noids. While this problem is more prominent with the MAC noids (they draw more power to run) I have also seen posts where people are having the same issues running the Humphrey noids.

Last edited by aggroman; 06-27-2014 at 12:33 AM.
aggroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Kilt Club
I just recently went through the same thing with a Excal I picked up with no board. I dropped a WAS in it and for the life of me could not get it to cycle correctly. Even though I was about 99% positive that it was the 1.6 software. I dropped in a Pandora board and it just hummed right along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeuroM
nlrunkle: WAS will detect and switch mode automatically if put in an Excal or Viking. WAS1.6 semi only (3 solid lights in programming mode) will work in both Excals and Vikings. WAS2.0 with modes (3 solid lights and 3 flashing lights in programming mode) will only work in Vikings.

I don't have much exprience with what aggro said but I do have a PBX Excal with a Ebisu board in it and I have not had any problems with it. Course I purchased it that way so I did not set it up. But as far as battery consumption, so far I have not noticed any significant drop off.
Mad Anthony P8ntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Where can someone get a pandora board
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Kilt Club
Post a WTB thread. Only place I know to track down a Pandora or a Musashi 5 as they are both out of production. You can still find Ebisu boards new but they run $125. And actually the used Musashi boards I've seen sell bring $75-100. I don't think I've ever seen a Pandora up for sale. Course I haven't been looking.
Mad Anthony P8ntball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA