mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   AKA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/)
-   -   Need WAS help on Excal. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/25975-need-help-excal.html)

Marmaduke 11-13-2007 09:27 PM

Need WAS help on Excal.

I just installed my new WAS board on my Excal. Solenoid for firing doesn't want to go. It will cycle just fine though.

I don't have eyes. The LED tells me it's in eye bypass mode. I don't have eyes so I assume this is correct.

I did have a soldering job done on the wires that connect the solenoid to the board. Could that have anything to do with the problem? They work fine on the Nelson board. Guy who did it is a gun tech.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marm

Treadstone 11-13-2007 10:03 PM

What type of noids and what is your dwell set at? My guess would be you need to up your dwell especially if you have MACs in the gun.

Marmaduke 11-13-2007 10:28 PM

MAC noids.

The solenoid doesn't click at all. At least not that I can hear.

I'll try upping the Dwell though.

Treadstone 11-14-2007 07:35 AM

Off the top of my head I think MACs need around 10-12 in an excal, the Humphreys are down in th 6-8 range. I had a older Excal that had the same problem and upping the dwell cured it right away, also had one that had a bad solder job on the wiring and needed a touch up with the soldering iron to work right.

Eress Pnter 11-14-2007 07:40 AM

yes MAC even up to 13
Humps 6-8, usually 7. I like 7-8.

Cockerpunk 11-14-2007 08:45 AM

put your finger on the noid when your shooting it, that will let you detect better if that noid is really cycling.

Marmaduke 11-14-2007 02:15 PM

Okay.

The Dwell is at 15. I'm going to lower it to 12 and then up the input pressure.

Thanks guys.

Bartman 11-16-2007 04:38 PM

You have retried the nelson board? if you have and messing with the dwell dosn't help withthe was board, you may vary well havea messed up was board, it happens. nothing you can really do with out sendingit back to Mr Drew , but buy the time you ship it back and forth and he charges you an un goddly amount to fix it, your better off jsut finding a Used pandora board on line.

But you all doing everything a tech would do to sess out the problem.Keep up the work, but at some point you have to say screw it and get a diffrent board.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying that this only happens to a WAS board, it happens to all types of boards.

Bartman

custar 11-18-2007 08:42 PM

I had similar issue with not one but two Pandora boards at the same time. Both were fried. I put in my old Nelson board, and the marker worked again just fine except I need to up the debounce. Since the Excalibur that has the Nelson board is blind, I don't intend on changing out the board.

Barman is right; recheck with the Nelson board. If you have another AKA available, try the WAS board in it as a check.

custar

Marmaduke 11-19-2007 10:53 PM

It's working now.

The dwell is set at 15. Haven't played with the debounce yet.

Thanks for the help guys.