mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

So I went out and bought a previously leased Viking ...

Actually, it was more like a ex-rental car when I received her.

This is for those of you who havent seen this on PBN . This poor marker is the most abused Viking I have ever purchased. Although I got a deal that was more than fair (actually it was like highway robbery but it was E-bay), I feel I need to vent. I would have posted sooner but I wanted to solve a few minor issues. For the most part, the viking was in decent shape. However I did encounter the following problems. The eye holes were completely filled with mud/paint. I spent 2 hours taking her apart and testing her to find out that the wires for the on/off switch and the solenoid needed to be replaced. The settings on the board were totally wacked (the debounce was set to 52!).The trigger job was the worst trigger job I have ever felt on an electro. It felt like a first gen electro spider, nix that, the spider was better. The feed neck and the sidewinder feel like they were drowned in loctite. I cracked a Halo shell while trying to remove the stupid BP no-rider (the threads were coated with mud/paint). I had to use a special wrench to get the sidewinder off so I could replace every o-ring. So after all of that, I decided to throw on spares of my favorite trigger, my favorite feed neck, and a DC Volumizer . If the person who did this to this marker is reading this, please take a tech class before attempting to work on any other electro marker, I am not kidding. Here are pics of her now.:evilgrin:
Left Side

Right Side

And of course a group pic of the immediate family.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Beautiful gun..and to think I watched that auction right to the end, and it took everything I had not to bid!!!

I'm glad it's found a good home!
Tx_Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

How much you get it for?

Also, that cream/peach colored one is awesome.

I also see you're a big fan of stiffi's, eh? haha

Lastly: Nice vike.
victor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quit teasing us with your pics!

I am not a real fan of your grips! Still "Super Hot"!
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

$900 is a little more than I would pay for a Viking, especially one that doesn't work from the get-go....

Ebay Auction

But it does look nice with the rest of them.

Walker

Nelson Owner's Group

Automags 4-Sale
PM6 PMR7 4-Sale
Phantom 4-Sale
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
wow in the auction it looks pristine and he says everything works 100% which is obviously a lie too bad ebay has changed feedback policies now making it impossible to leave negative feedback. major BS there if someone screwed me over it's my right to be able to let others know not to buy from them ebay seems to be playing by the if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all rule. I've since boycotted ebay until they rectify that stupid decision and I hope the OP does as well

good job making her look pristine good thing she has a loving home now

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
wow in the auction it looks pristine and he says everything works 100% which is obviously a lie too bad ebay has changed feedback policies now making it impossible to leave negative feedback. major BS there if someone screwed me over it's my right to be able to let others know not to buy from them ebay seems to be playing by the if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all rule. I've since boycotted ebay until they rectify that stupid decision and I hope the OP does as well

Well it turned on most of the time, but the solenoid never clicked. So I guess that one could say that it worked. I can fix nearly anything on a Viking short of a broken ram or solenoid, so I wasn't worried. Besides, I didn't think I was going to win the auction because it has my favorite mass produced milling with my favorite colors.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback

Last edited by himurax13; 02-24-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Himurax - thats a fair price but pretty expensive by todays standards, even for a streamline.

The fact that the color is your favorite makes it a bargain for you, though. Glad you got it working well again.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Himurax - thats a fair price but pretty expensive by todays standards, even for a streamline.
Did you see everything it came with?
Quote:
My MCB Feedback
Old 02-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post

Actualy the buyer can still tag a seller with negative feed back, the only thing that has changed is the sellers can't threaten a negative retalitory feedback since they can only leave a non-paying bidder on the buyers now.

With the DW barrel and Bottle and extra board stuff makes it a fair package, still to rich of a price for some of us.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA