mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Why is it so dead in here?

It seems like many of you also hang out in PBN's AKA section. I was just wondering why its so dead in here? It almost feels like paintmagazine's forums.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

While not the definitive answer to your question, here are three factors I feel play a role.

1. There aren't all that many AKA's out there.

2. AKA's don't have many repair problems. Therefore, there aren't very many "My *** won't work" threads. I think 95% of the problems with AKA's are related to a weak battery or a dwell setting, both easy fixes.

3. A lot of the newer AKA owners aren't on this site. They tend to be on PBN and not make it here.

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
I don't spend much time in here becasue I don't know ehough about my viking to help anyone with a problem tehy might have most of the time.
I never have trouble and need to ask someone how to fix it.

With everyone playing in the deadzone and general chat I just usually don't make it this far into the site.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Mega Z for sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...el-mega-z.html
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Paintmagazine was really just an extension of the Aussie forums and the POG forums. I think when the POG got its own server, there wasnt much of a need.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I often wonder the same thing. Most MCB'ers are into high quality stuff.
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
I love the AKA markers, he 04 excals will remain my favorite. I don't really modify, I just shoot..

I think very particular sections and websites (including my own), it's tough to limit talk to just about specific hardware. I'm expanding mine to be a scenario calendar for example and interface to other site, because I am sick of the 'spread around'

AKA's are like the markers you play with then talk about what beer you like, not much to have to change or go wrong besides the obligatory drool pic threads.

The PPS stuff stays busy because PPS is still churning em, and the constant effort to be different then all the examples that well, 'work'.

This gets to the central problem...The dilution effect.
You can visit what about 5 websites with at least sections on PPS guns. PPS even hit POG with it's own forums...Mine is like 10 people with too much wood, no big deal there.
3-5 major general forum sites with sections for this and that.
then spatterings of individual sites.

How many forums do we need? AKA seems to have 3, PPS about 5-6 with some scenario site diluting sections added.

This is one of the central reasons place like pbn are huge to begin with, and why I am more looking at a portal site with feeds and navigation to use/manipulate all the other sites, effectively aggregating things into at least one interface.

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
MCB is mostly old gun tech and while AKA isn't new any more, it's not really 'old'. So it's not really a tinker gun. Most people just send thier viks and excals to DC. Also the majority of the members here arent really into electros and the ones that are, read up on them before they blanket the web with redundant questions.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
... So it's not really a tinker gun.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. And there isnt much tinkering to be done with AKA stuff. Thats what I love about my Vike, set it and forget it.

MCB is definitely the tinkerers web of choice for paintball. I get most of my modding info here or UMS.
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

True, the only way to tinker with the AKA guns is to constantly reset the LPR for no reason. The only other things to do is to chop them up and remill them. I am just surprised that the market is not saturated with unmilled versions.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by himurax13 View Post
True, the only way to tinker with the AKA guns is to constantly reset the LPR for no reason. The only other things to do is to chop them up and remill them. I am just surprised that the market is not saturated with unmilled versions.
The milled ones are nice, but I really do like my unmolested one. At a scenario game last week I was getting roughly 1000 shots off a 47 cu inch, 3000 bottle. I would run out of paint at the same time The velcocity started to fall. It definately is the most efficient gun that I have.
[IMG][/IMG]

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA