mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Viking leaks

I was getting restless with my pro shop closed so I hooked up my co2 to the viking to finally test it out.

Wait, before everyone starts e-kickin my face....I made sure that the co2 goes through 2 expansion chambers and a remote line before it hits the sidewinder on the viking.

It leaks out the front (barrel) as well as a little hole just behind the sidewinder.

If you guys think it might be the co2 I will wait until I get some air before i try it again.
olinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olinar View Post
I was getting restless with my pro shop closed so I hooked up my co2 to the viking to finally test it out.

Wait, before everyone starts e-kickin my face....I made sure that the co2 goes through 2 expansion chambers and a remote line before it hits the sidewinder on the viking.

It leaks out the front (barrel) as well as a little hole just behind the sidewinder.

If you guys think it might be the co2 I will wait until I get some air before i try it again.
Well, if you would have used a stabalizer, things would have been o.k. It sounds like you have an 03. I would try it with compressed air again later.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

It is an 03 with eyes.

Ill try with compressed air tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well it sounds like one of the o-rings on your LPR is ripped. If you have a Viking tool kit, you will probably need to take it out, replace all of the o-rings, and then carefully re-install it without ripping the o-rings during installation. It helps to take off the sidewinder and push on the o-rings through the ASA hole with an allen key while re-installing the LPR.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had a similar problem, and the culprit was a bad o-ring on the LPR. I used 014 o-rings on the LPR rather than 015 rings used on tanks regs, etc. I also went with 90 durometer o-rings which made reinstalling the LPR easier. I know 70 durometer is probably factory spec, but the 90 d makes it easier to put the LPR back in.

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ive got the 3 prong tool that came with it but nothing else.

Where would I get orings to rebuild the entire marker?

Ive seen sidewinder rebuild orings on the aka site but nothing else. Ill check once more!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't remember where I got them but I can tell you to definitely not buy them from AKA directly. I think they charge $10 for 10 o-rings. I would ask wizardry or some other AKA gunwhore. I am using o-rings form an 04 kit I bought years ago.
Quote:
My MCB Feedback
Old 03-13-2008, 02:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

I just tore the whole thing apart and it indeed had torn apart orings in the LPR, The hammer also has a loose one but not too bad. Im going to pm wizardry about it and see what i come up with. Im thinking Ill do a complete rebuild just to be safe.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well unfortunately, when I disassemble the ram or the LPR, I end up destroying the two innermost o-rings 80% of the time. I am fairly certain you only needed to replace the LPR o-rings. Well there is a guy, I can't remember his name but he lives in Korea but he has a bunch of o-ring kits for cheap. Other than that, I would call DC or Gorilla Paintball and I am sure they will sell you the-orings for a reasonable price.
Quote:
My MCB Feedback
Old 03-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by himurax13 View Post
Well unfortunately, when I disassemble the ram or the LPR, I end up destroying the two innermost o-rings 80% of the time.
What size are you using?

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA