mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Merlin Question

I figured that I would ask this here due to recent complaints of inactivitiy in this section

Here is the question I am pondering,
Other than the fact that they are hard(er) to find what makes a Merlin worth so much more than any other cocker?
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Pretty sure its larger valve chamber so lower pressure and its got tighter tolerances than your run of the mill cocker. Plus they are rarer and have high quality parts.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

[QUOTE=greenmtnphantom;344627]I figured that I would ask this here due to recent complaints of inactivitiy in this section

Tell me about it, its practically deserted
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

[QUOTE=himurax13;345310]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom View Post
I figured that I would ask this here due to recent complaints of inactivitiy in this section

Tell me about it, its practically deserted
If you'd sell me a Viking cheap I'll liven it up!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

[QUOTE=Heebs;345324]
Quote:
Originally Posted by himurax13 View Post

If you'd sell me a Viking cheap I'll liven it up!
Sure, I will sell it below retail price, just for you
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
Old 03-18-2008, 01:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

[QUOTE=himurax13;345340]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post

Sure, I will sell it below retail price, just for you
The face at the end makes me sad
Old 03-18-2008, 01:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:

Here is the question I am pondering,
Other than the fact that they are hard(er) to find what makes a Merlin worth so much more than any other cocker?
I like merlins because they are one of few cockers that have good threaded feednecks. Some have press fit, but even the press fit is fantastic compared to WGP threading.

There are some aftermarket cocker bodies with angel threads and then CCM guns have good feednecks but other than that, none do.

The bodies are pretty tight, mostly. Its the obscurity factor, the AKA mojo, and the fact that they have good feednecks (and nice reverse p blocks often enough) that make them some of my favorites.

Most were sold as kits, some are great and some are just cobbled. They arent THAT much more if any more than any other desirable cocker. Only WGP guns have no value.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Thanks for all the info guys I think it's kind of Ironic that the cockers from WGP, which the way I understand it are the only ones that are supposed to be officialy called "Autococker" are the only ones not worth a damn (monitarily speaking)
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Thanks for all the info guys I think it's kind of Ironic that the cockers from WGP, which the way I understand it are the only ones that are supposed to be officialy called "Autococker" are the only ones not worth a damn (monitarily speaking)
No, you are right. WGP Autocockers are not worth a damn to most people except for the oddest of collectors. If you are arguing with me, then yes that means you. If you want to enhance the value of an "Autococker" go throw a pump kit on it. I have disliked that marker ever since it came out back in the early 90's. It is the only supposedly "decent" gun that competes with the spyder for space on my workbench. Lately though, people have finally seen the light and have purchased other markers so I get to see them a whole lot less. Unfortunately though, people are still easily duped into buying Ions. Although I dislike Smart Parts, the Ion is especially a huge P.O.S.. Once it starts leaking, it starts to fall apart. Every time I fix one thing something else breaks. I generally refuse to work on them because they are just to fragile and they will be back soon anyways.
Quote:
My MCB Feedback
Old 03-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Several bare bones stock oldschool cockers (minicocker w/ green mini barrel and a 97 w/ shroud) went for $160+ yesterday on ebay.. abso-freaking ridiculous. No way they should have been worth that much.

Anyways... just thought I'd throw that in there... the price of cockers is all over the damn place.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA