mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Got it, no need for volumizer...

On the AKA boards, they posted that it's there to give the SCM some symmetry. Some people think it looks silly hanging out there on its own.

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Another update, this time with a picture!

On my '04 Viking, when looking from the front, there's an SCM in the lower right tube, but nothing in the lower left tube. When I push the bolt forward, there is no resistance at the end of its travel. But, there should be, since it should push against a valve spring. Am I missing something here? What should be in the lower left tube, and is that related to the fact that the bolt doesn't hit anything at the end of its stroke?

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
Old 12-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Left tube should have a front cap, or a volumizer. You may as well get a DC volumizer since paying fro a front plug will end up costing nearly the same price and not increase the markers value any.

The guy probably said it needed a volumizer because he knew it needed something up there.

I dont think you need to feel resistance when you push the bolt forward besides from the detents, its a safe bet that all you need is a volumizer or front cap to make that gun working.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Someone on AKA Owners Group posted that I need a valve stem and spring:

http://akaowners.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3024

Thanks for the input, Cunha!

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Old 12-18-2006, 12:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

...yeah =/ guess i jumped the gun diagnosing that one. Good luck getting those parts.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA