mcarterbrown.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Phantom slut

Question What are the nubs on the front of some Vikings?

Aloha everyone,
I'm new to MCB, newer to anything other than phantoms, and even newer to AKA and I've come across tons of pictures of Vikings with nubs on the front and tons without. Yeah, yeah, not these kinds of nubs (.)(.) Could somebody please explain to me what they are and what the purpose of them is? If nothing else, I like the look of them but unfortunately the 03 I just got doesn't have them.
Mahalo!
Attached Images

GUNS For sale

GEAR for sale
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...es-freaks.html
Old 10-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
aka Alby

Send a message via AIM to pinkanese

AKA Fan
The nubs you are referring to are SCMIII's, well one of them is at least on the Viking. They are the upgraded LPR's for the viking/excal made by AKA. You can get one from the AKA site for $50 if you really want, though I ma not sure you will really notice the performance difference being a predominant pumper.

Oh and generally Vikings only have one since they are open bolt and only need one, Excal's have two because they are closed bolt and have two LPR's, though most have a fake extension on the other side of the viking that is hollow and is just there to balance it all out.
Nobody actually plays on MCB, they just hoard and sell.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkanese View Post
Oh and generally Vikings only have one since they are open bolt and only need one, Excal's have two because they are closed bolt and have two LPR's, though most have a fake extension on the other side of the viking that is hollow and is just there to balance it all out.
On a viking the one on the passenger side (as you are shooting the marker) is a volumizer. mighty max, dc, and iirc aka all have their own versions. They are basically an empty cylinder that allows you to increase your volume to hopefully keep your marker even more consistent than it already is. 02/03 vikings/excals are longer than 04 vikings/excals so they would not need them as much as the 04s

Excals have only one lpr, but it is on the passenger side (opposite of the viking), and the volumizer is on the drivers.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA