mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bacon

Send a message via AIM to O CAB05

Splatmaster (two questions. one leading to a project)

Hey guys. So, I just traded a pump kit for a splatmaster, ive been trying to get my hands on one lately. My friend bought it awhile back when it was still new. He shot it ten times since then he said. So it's still newish . Now, There's a small leak coming from the back on the gun near the "big push in button". It's not coming out of the hammer of course. It's seeping out around the hammer. I took it apart, Wanting to polish/open/lube this or that. I then put 3 (to many) drops of extreme rage oil into the valve, since the valve is pretty small and the oil went directly into it (didn't have to travel through asa, macroline, reg, etc...that it was to much of it. So it's kind of overflowed a bit. After I reassembled it. There was a small leak coming down the barrel...Does the valve have to be dry to hold a seal? Or should I just see if it'll break in with a days of play?

Does anyone know any simple mods to make it better?

For mods...I would deffiantley make this my main gun if it could get more than 15 shots off a 12g. I thought of a few ideas on how to make this gun more efficent and all...

But does anyone know if anyone ever modded out the splatmaster and posted it up on here, or make other parts for it? Especially the valve...

Let me know guys. peace.

Last edited by O CAB05; 01-26-2010 at 10:32 PM.
O CAB05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

You looking for mods for an original splatmaster, or a rapide (as your title says)? Rapide you can get upgrade kits, comp, gator etc.

Once I get my original splatmaster back from a certain airsmith, I'll show you pics of mine. It has a long ported brass barrel, aluminum trigger, rail and velocity adjusting cocking knob. It has a phantom valve, rear loading with speed feed, laser sight, and grips (which I need to fix, as they were poorly done by me). Constant air adapter, and a custom hydrographics finish. Been waiting much over a year to get it back...

As for simple mods check here http://www.splatmaster.s5.com/

http://www.usc.uwo.ca/clubs/paintball/index.html

I'll add my Feedback here, because I always forget to ask.
My super awesome feedback of... awesomeness!
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bacon

Wow, that sounds awsome! Can't wait to see the pictures man.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

To my knowledge, the seal does not have to be dry. The valves are the most problematic part of the gun because the pierce pins are not replacable and there are some small seals that seem to develop leaks.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bacon

Yeah, I just asked that because after I applied the oil..It was leaking a bit more. Stupid question, but since it's a old/cheap compared to todays nelson style valves lets say...haha. I just didn't know if it would be different for some reason.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts