mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Vlocity or Reloader B (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/10659-vlocity-reloader-b.html)

bravo647 02-07-2007 12:33 AM

Vlocity or Reloader B

I've got a Gen E Matrix in the mail, and I'm definitely considering a force feed hopper to prevent chopping hopefully since the marker doesn't have eyes. So I've kind of ruled it down to the Vlocity or the Reloader B, brand new there's only 10 dollars difference in price between them locally where I am- this really comes down to preference. I have a halo frontman TSA and I really like the sound activation feature but at the same time I like that you can adjust the tension on the balls on the Vlocity. Anyone have any feedback. The Reloader B I'd imagine makes somewhat less noise because its not constantly on but is the Vlocity really all that much louder at lower levels of tension? Anyways I know everyone hates versus threads, but this is really an either or scenario and I'd just like some feedback as to which you guys think is a better choice for the Matrix.

Thanks,

-Graham

Deadfall 02-07-2007 01:19 AM

Well, I don't have any experience with any of the high-end force-feed hoppers, so I won't pretend to have an expert opinion on this, but here's my take. If I was prepared to spend the money required to get a Vlocity, I would just spend an extra $20 or so and get one of the new DXS Pulse loaders. To me, they seem to be the best high-end loaders on the market right now. The bullet-proof shells and the ease of cleaning alone pretty much have me sold on them.

bravo647 02-07-2007 12:02 PM

Locally the pulse is like 50 dollars more, and its more than what I need.

killmaster 02-07-2007 12:13 PM

The Pulse has very good ease of cleaing but I have heard of some issues with feed neck breakage. As it just has single layer polycarb shels instead of the two layer like the HALO.

I have a V-35 halo and it works just fine for evenyhting I have ever needed. I have never had any problems with the eyes not seeing paint.

Reloader is basicly the HALO but noise activated.

Now personally if I was ever to by another high end loader I would go with the velocity. Yes it is a little ugly, but I have found with some limited use that its lighter weight is worth it.

Just my .02

Trick'

Hobbes 02-07-2007 12:22 PM

Velocity = Lighter but sucks down batteries faster

Reloader = Heavier, but I think it feeds a little faster. Granted, the only Vlocity I ever had was a Jr but every Reloader I've used has been rediculous in the speed department. However, I have had to give the rip drive a little twist to keep things going before.

Cunha 02-08-2007 02:32 PM

The only thing I dont like about the vlocity is that from what Ive been told <not very clearly> it makes a constant motor noise to preload the paintballs..is that correct?

The pulse is the same way unless you have the RF chip.

Hobbes 02-08-2007 03:29 PM

Yep, it buzzes for a little bit, then the light turns green when it stops. I never noticed it.

BigOldSkool 02-08-2007 03:42 PM

Reloader B hands down..

Velocitys eat batterys , and are WAY to brittle.. friend of mine has had one for a year now and is on shell 4

bravo647 02-08-2007 11:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm going to go with the reloader B.

Cunha 02-09-2007 03:38 AM

I cant handle a halo's weight and the halos i had would crush balls and break them. The halo weight is way up high and makes my guns feel goofy.

Id rather have a cheetah boarded halo B with an s4 drive cone and a lithium rechargable batter pack, but that ends up costing over 200 dollars - no way man!

So with that id go with a vlocity and some cheap rechargable batteries. Lighter weight by a long shot.

Hobbes - you say the vlocity only buzzes for a second or so and then stops?