mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
1000 psi burst disc, other pressures ?

Anyone know if burst discs are commonly available in lower pressures than the 1800 I beleive is common for CO2, somewhere nearer 1000 psi .

Why?

A couple of my buddies want to take their Scpeter grenade launchers to Scenario games at Sherwood Forest, but the current ruling is they must have 1000 psi over pressure protection.

Any other ideas how to achieve this reasonably would be appreciated.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have not seen 1000psi burst discs, but 1000psi relief vaves are very common, and do the exact same thing.

They are common on all the "battlebot" style groups since 1000psi relief valves are required by pretty much all of them.

Just google "1000 psi relief valve"

Just just add one to the "upstream" section of your pneumatics. Your co2 tank probobly has a 3000psi burst disc anyway.

nick
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I have not seen 1000psi burst discs, but 1000psi relief vaves are very common, and do the exact same thing.

They are common on all the "battlebot" style groups since 1000psi relief valves are required by pretty much all of them.

Just google "1000 psi relief valve"

Just just add one to the "upstream" section of your pneumatics. Your co2 tank probobly has a 3000psi burst disc anyway.

nick
I googled it and flicked through some of the offerings, many of the valves are big brass bodied things, cost several hundred dollars.
That may work in battlebots which are large, weigh hundreds of pounds and are often a several thousnad dollar investment.

For extra difficulty here this is an under barrel mounted launcher that costs a few hundred dollars, so weight needs to be minimal and it doen't make much sense to spend the same again on the relief.

That's why I was hoping for burst discs, cheap, light, small.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

A simple solution is to just use an inline reg, like a Palmer stab.

They all are designed to vent at a preset pressure, to prevent liquid co2 from damaging downstream components.

If you have a reg laying around that has a hole drilled in the side, then look up the manafacturer and see what the vent pressure is.

I suppose you could rig your own vent port by somehow figuring out where the piston sits when the upstream is 1000psi.

What about HPA regs? They have a seperate upstream, and downstream burst disc. The downstream disc might be rated at 1000psi?

Nick
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts