mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Turning a VF Tactical into a pump?

I have a WGP VF Tactical that I want to make into a pump. The only problem is that the asa is made into the front block. As you can tell im kinda new to cockers, i've heard that you can leave the front block on, but don't think i'll like the look. HELP!!! I need to know how to pump my VFT but still want to be able to make it semi (if needed). Thanks in advance.
iron medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

i've never looked at one close enough to be sure, but i don't think you'll be able to convert it without a custom kit, or removing the tactical shroud bits, and what would be the point of that?
could you post some pictures of the bottom of the marker around the front block, i can't seem to google a picture of it
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

http://www.worr.com/vftactical.asp
Here is a link to the WGP site/VFT.
I dont mind taking off the shroud, I just dont have the cash to drop on another maker, but can spare a few for a pump kit. That and I know that this thing shoots darts, I just want a pump for limited paint games, and to make a lighter more manuverable (sp?). Don't really know how to explain the front block other than it is thicker than std to make room for the neg 15* asa.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Oh yeah, cams busted or I would have pics for you. Sorry.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

is there a plugged port on the bottom of the body before the front block? the bodies look like the stock 2k3 models so i'm sure there's one. you could just look for a front ASA kit and mount in like a regular 'cocker. i just think it would be a waste of a cool cocker to pump it when there are so many snipers out there for cheap.
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

No plug on the front, and that is what I keep hearing (about the front block asa, but can't find one). I just dont want to drop 200-300 on another marker (currently have 5) when I know this one is top of the line mech marker. Just trying to cut down on spending, have thought about building one. Mainly this is a temp fix, pump this now, then build one later in the year. Thanks for all the help.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

I believe that Respiegel is correct. the VF autococker is a modded front block which means you can do a normal pump kit. however, you'll wind up with having to get the body machined to accept an ASA somewhere.

PM me and Let me know if you want this done. I can machine this to accept a standard ASA and add a block-off plate so that you can take it off and then run the VF front block for semi.

--Joel
joelrf600r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'd have to see more pictures of it but I think I see a bit of the LPR sticking out in an offset location that indicates this to be a normal front block pattern but with the ASA. So it's basically like a mini cocker front block. At worse you'll just need to find a mini cocker pump kit to go with it. The MC kit either has a longer threaded portion to accomadate the thicker front block or it'll come with a smaller ASA that matches the supplied pump handle shaft.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

I think railgun is correct, the front block looks just like other cockers it is just thicker and has the asa on it. So, I need a mini cocker front block and pump kit? Where to I get those?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron medic View Post
I think railgun is correct, the front block looks just like other cockers it is just thicker and has the asa on it. So, I need a mini cocker front block and pump kit? Where to I get those?
Here

You need the "2000+ Premium Sniper Mini Kit", which at $84.99 is probably more than you wanted to spend. You could probably find a stock 'Cocker for that (or less) and add the more basic pump kit (~$40), then sell of the pneumatics to end up with a Sniper II (aka "Pump Cocker") for <$100. The idea of swapping between semi & pump is a noble one, but in reality, it's enough of a pain to do that you'll probably not do it very often. You'll probably be happier in the long run with separate markers: one semi, one pump. Just my random thoughts, though...

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts