mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

14" J&J lost in mail- whats it worth?

Mail came today with the 14" J&J ceramic F1 Illustrator/Raptor barrel I got in a trade from Paulduckson. Package stamped "DAMAGED IN HANDLING IN THE POSTAL SERVICE". Opened the package and it was empty except for a note from USPS saying it was received from FedEx open and empty. About to head to the post office now, but having traded for it, not really sure on a value. Any input?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
A brand new cocker threaded J&J ceramic off ebay is about $30. Not sure of the rarity of the threading on that one, but I'd bank on it being worth $30-40.
TippmannFireman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
they usually run 29.99 to 39.99 depending on the store i bought one for my 98 off of amazon and it was 30

"May we never forget the ones that came before, the ones with us now, and the ones that will come after."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

J&J Performance.com

get manuf. pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

soooo much fun.... local post office told me I'm SOL- that theres nothing they can do for me because the item was shipped in subpar packaging (a USPS Readypost tube). USPS customer service line told me I have to contact fedex cause USPS received it from fedex open and empty. Fedex claims to have no record of the tracking number or any item going to or from my address.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

How did he pack it? Unless it was insured I don't think there's much they'll do. I've had this happen to me, it's a real headache. Proper packing education is important when shipping barrels. Since you're out a barrel I'd discount one of my Hittmann APP cocker barrels if you're interested. Just PM me if you are.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

not insured, packed in a USPS readypost tube. at some point the tube got squished, the tape broke and the endcap popped off. talked to the lady at the Memphis USPS location that put the note in the packaging and sent it on empty. I explained that the missing item is a barrel for a paintball gun- approx 14" long tube, about an inch diameter and blackish color.... she said "a bell?" I had to spell out b-a-r-r-e-l for her. then she said "your missing two items?" i explained again what it was and she said "oh. so its a pink gun. that shouldn't be too hard to find"

OMG!!! then, after explaining what I'd experienced talking to the local post office, the customer service line and fedex, she told me that the USPS sends all of their priority mail through fedex and that a lot of it gets lost or damaged.... that fedex's sorting machines tear up USPS packing materials. she also told me that fedex does nothing to record USPS mail that passes through their hands, so if they lose it there's no record of where it's been.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts