mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-08-2007, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

AA Unireg Q

So I finally decided to gas up the old full-body AA Unireg that came with my purple Carter cocker after about two years of sitting. I connected input on one side, gauge on the other. Upon gassing up, no pressure registered through to the marker. I then reversed the input and gauge positions, with the same result.

I have since partially disassembled it, and all the seals seem to be in mint condition. It also holds air, no problem. It just doesn't seem to register pressure past the input point.

Can anyone help?
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

If it's sat for two years unused the seals may be dried up and seized in place. Try putting a few drops of oil in the input part. If that fails, take it apart and put it back together, lubing all the seals as you do.

Also, this may seem obvious but does it have an adjuster that you can try backing all the way in/out ?
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

The oil got it. I had been adjusting it before with no luck, but with a healthy dose of oil things are working just as they should.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
So I finally decided to gas up the old full-body AA Unireg that came with my purple Carter cocker after about two years of sitting. I connected input on one side, gauge on the other. Upon gassing up, no pressure registered through to the marker. I then reversed the input and gauge positions, with the same result.

I have since partially disassembled it, and all the seals seem to be in mint condition. It also holds air, no problem. It just doesn't seem to register pressure past the input point.

Can anyone help?
First off, Uni Regs have no gauge port. The other port is another input, so you had a choice of hose inputs. The gauge should read tank pressure. Also your not using the burst disc hole are you? The gauge will fit lossely, but it isnt safe in there. The input ports are 180* apart from each other. Then I would take the piston out and lube it up with standard airgun/tool oil. then see what you get. Any other problems feel free to pm me, I have lots of experiance with AA regs....................
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

You're right, the gauge wasn't doing anything so it's been replaced with a plug. This is the inline reg version, not the tank version so there isn't a port for a burst disc.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
You're right, the gauge wasn't doing anything so it's been replaced with a plug. This is the inline reg version, not the tank version so there isn't a port for a burst disc.
Later versions of AA vert regs had a burst disc port, wasnt sure about the early Uni's actaully (been awhile since I rebuilt any Uni's). IF you need a reg seat, use a mag seat and pin, you must use both the pin and seat though. Otherwise the seat and the tapered pin will give weird velocity flucuations. This ony works for the vert regs, Tank regs will deform the Mag seat with 3000 or 4500psi. Mag piston and body half o-rings work just fine also.

Shane-O
Old 03-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I'm pretty sure this is an early version. It's a solid chunk o metal.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...um/oldTASO.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is an early version. It's a solid chunk o metal.
"Heaviest secondary reg EVER" But a good reliable one.....lol. If you have any more problems feel free to pm/email me.

Shane-O

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts