mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Who offers gun tech classes? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/126-who-offers-gun-tech-classes.html)

Uranus 04-05-2006 06:47 PM

Who offers gun tech classes?

where You can get actualy certified?

Thanks Chris

B 04-05-2006 09:35 PM

Manufactures offer the classes to their dealers, most of them are utterly useless. It more of an opportunity for the manufactures to sell their guns and features, not much tec info at all.

caplucky 04-05-2006 09:58 PM

I agree, just because the pro-shop has the certificates to prove they know what they are doing doesn't mean they know what they are doing.
Probably better off getting a collection of owners group sites or other online tech forums in your favorites for any problems.
Hell even PBN can answer any type of marker questions or problems.
Most of the classes cover troubleshooting to help pro-shops or field owners who offer warranties on marker.

badkarma 04-05-2006 10:00 PM

There is a place in TN that has certification classes.
www.paintball-pti.com
Expensive though, but it is a certification.

Surge-NS 04-06-2006 12:28 AM

Good for you that your'e trying to get certified instead of just calling yourself an airsmith. Most of the people with that title have given it to themselves and know little more than how to send a gun to the manufacturer for repairs or look the problem up on the internet.

Robertsr 04-06-2006 08:16 AM

PTI seems to take itself very seriously and they have a pretty good looking ciruculum. I don't know how valuable the cert. might be, but the information looks to be worth the $$$ if you have it to spend.

shartley 04-06-2006 08:32 AM

I think if folks want to take the classes available, do so. But I don’t put much stock in the sheep skin. I have even seen manufacturers laugh at those who take their “tech courses “ and certification classes and then think they are truly “techs”.

So again, while I don’t think these courses and certifications are “bad”, I don’t get impressed because someone says they are “certified”.

PJ 04-06-2006 02:18 PM

I think having the certificates is like having a college education - it just means you know more about the subject than the average person and are trainable.

blackrain 04-09-2006 10:41 AM

Best certification

Don't waste your money on a class. Being an airsmith is like being a rock star. It's what you want to be when your young. Then you realize it doesn't pay that great no matter who you work for. Buy tech videos. Some are very good. Watch them and learn from them. Buy broken markers and fix them (if you have the time). I normally do that but find myself selling them when they are finished or almost finished. I research what I want to buy then hit the local field or internet looking for that certain marker for very cheap. By the time I find that marker,I either own the video or have all the info needed to repair it. You can make more money on the side than you can working at a shop. Hope this helps.
Later,
Blackrain:D :eek:

NOTE: If you decide to take a class here is a suggestion. I guess alot of tourney teams are getting "pit crews". You know the ones who look up to these idiots (not every tourney player is). Find out what they shoot. Offer you services at a fee,no free. Paintballs from their sponsers isn't payment or promises they will let you try out. Cold hard cash. If they are that good then their sponser will pay or they will.